• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Tuned the FWB Sport and Wow

Here's the "before" numbers. I'll be sure to post the "after" numbers in my upcoming video.

Screenshot_20211223-120232_ColorNote.1641000929.jpg
//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E

Damn good numbers before the tune, dont expect much improvement as that is about as good as it gets!!

Machined a new spring guide from delrin. Fit is snug with the spring, requiring a small amount of pressure to install the guide. Was gonna' make top hat but the piston rod has a shoulder where it connects to the piston head. Because of it's location, it's nearly impossible to take measurements. Opted instead to sleeve the piston using the "soda bottle" technique. Spring fits snugly into the piston now with zero play. No idea how long the sleeve will last. Hopefully a long time. Cut 1,1/2 coils from the mainspring. Lubed the piston seal, the cocking shoe rails, and the ends of the spring with moly. lubed the spring itself with some leftover grease that I had on hand from a Vortek tune kit that I installed in my HW97K. Reassembled the rifle and tentatively cocked the action. Cocking is silent with only the sound of the sear engaging as the stroke comes to a stop. Firing cycle is fast with zero vibration---ZIP!!! Couldn't be more pleased. Also installed new BKL double strap rings with a scope stop (locking pin omitted). We'll see if the scope stays put now. Opted to stick with my relatively heavy, 25 oz Hawke 4-12 X 40mm. If it moves again, my only option will be to use a lighter the scope and try again. Open sights are not an option for these old eyeballs.

There'll be a video soon which will document the process. Keep an eye out or better yet, subscibe to my YouTube channel and hit the bell for notification each time that I release a new video. https://www.youtube.com/user/razor1962

In any case, the rifle is shooting as it should and now I can begin to enjoy shooting it. The way it was as received made it impossible for me to enjoy the shooting experience.

Just want to thank the OP for starting this thread as well as all of the folks who contributed to it. Thanks so much and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No way a 124 should cause your scope to move, review your mounting procedures, these have only a mild recoil so mount should not move even with no stop pin. My TX is over 15 fpe no stop pin and never had a mount move! Even my R1 at 21 fpe does not use a stop pin with much more recoil. there are steps to make a secure mount, do some reaserch or send me a pm and I can make some suggestions

Here's the "before" numbers. I'll be sure to post the "after" numbers in my upcoming video.

Screenshot_20211223-120232_ColorNote.1641000929.jpg
//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E//www.w3.org/2000/svg%22%20viewBox=%220%200%20210%20140%22%3E%3C/svg%3E

Damn good numbers before the tune, dont expect much improvement as that is about as good as it gets!!

Oh, I know. Can't expect better than a 5 fps spread. Hopefully this doesn't change after the tune. I'll find out tomorrow when I run a chrono string.