• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tune or not?

I really like my Nitro Venom .22 gas piston that I've had for a couple of years. I finally figured out how to shoot it well and consistently. This spring I got a Chrono after many years of airgunning without that knowledge. Anyway..my Venom is shooting avg. 740 muzzle velocity in 70-80 degree weather. Does anyone think I would gain that much by putting on a new seal and lube. It really shoots smooth. I just wonder if the quest for 800+ muzzle velocity would be with it🤔. Thanks👍

Leave it if its shooting good. I tune all my Springer's when I first get them. My gas rams I always shoot at least for awhile, but eventually tear down and tune. Only because I like to tinker. However a deburring tune and good going over will make any break barrel shoot better. I also always soft bed any wood stock. Just did my 130QE new ram at 173bar. Should chuck those .30 caliber pellets.