• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results Tulsa FT Match 13 Apr 24

Tulsa Gun Club conducted our Inaugural match on 13 APR 24. We had a reduced number due to the Cajun Grand Prix this weekend, we know everyone will enjoy a very well run match there.

At the 9:30 match time it was a very comfortable mid 60's temp and just a hint of wind that slowly grew during the match. We had 6 shooters that couldn't make it to Baton Rouge, drawing from Arkansas and the OKC area. We had 60 Shots on 15 lanes with a Troyer of 29 / SD 3.58.

Mike Atwell shot an excellent 56 for high overall and was presented with the traditional TGC Top Gun Award. Dave Cole was 2nd with a 55* (Dave lost a point because he shot a target out of sequence after an interruption in shooting). Curtis "Eagle Eyes" Nelson shot a new personal best 53 (The Cataract surgery was successful!)

Thanks to everyone who pitched in to help make this first match successful!

Matches will be on the 2nd Saturdays from March – November at Tulsa Gun Club, 8888 Mohawk Blvd in Tulsa, OK
If you wish to be included in our email list, please send your info to Curtis Nelson:

Curtis Nelson
[email protected]

Full results are on Scott Cottons' excellent website: airgunshoot.com

041324-2.jpg
041324-1a.jpg

Last edited:
And a fun match it was. Definitely warmer than last month!
It may have been a little discouraging seeing the wind was 16mph gusts to 24 but all the lanes are really sheltered from any wind. The tree tops were whipping around but the grass barely moved. Once you were back in the trees, barely a breeze. I didn’t hold off for wind at all. Didn’t need to.
So if the wind scares you away from shooting, know you are not going to have much if any hold off issues. It's gonna take one of those Oklahoma tornadoes whistling through for wind to have any effect.
I would strongly recommend anyone who will be shooting or attending a match apply PLENTY of tick repellent because you are literally in the woods. I didn’t notice any mosquitoes or other bitting insects but going forward prepare for that as well.
A big shoutout to the OKC guys who came to shoot with us as well as Stan from neighboring Arkansas. He’s getting his WFTF dialed I. For the upcoming worlds!
Mark your calendar now for May 11, our next match. I’ll also be posting the match announcement the Saturday before. Should be another great turnout and match with the guys returning from the Cajuns!
See ya all then.
IMG_7335.jpeg

IMG_7336.jpeg
IMG_7337.jpeg
IMG_7340.jpeg
IMG_7341.jpeg
IMG_7342.jpeg
IMG_7332.jpeg
IMG_7333.jpeg
IMG_7338.png
IMG_7339.png

Reactions: Podna and davit66
You're right about the ticks. Even with the repellent I managed to get home with a couple of the little buggers. I'll try to remember to bring them back next time I'm over there.
The shoot was fun. It seemed more difficult than the troyer listed though. Some of those tiny holes need reamed. Oh, that's what we were doing.
A shout out to you guys that did all the setup. We know you were a bit short handed with the guys headed to Louisiana and lacrosse matches.

Reactions: CurtisNelson
Wish I could have made it. For Ticks and other biting bugs, I use Permethrin on all my FT cloths. including my shoes, socks and anything else I wear. This will last more than a couple of washes as well.

Reactions: davecole and Pfddi