• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Trying to get Crown MK2 shooting JSB Hades 15.89 at 750 fps

Trying to get my FX crown MK2 with a 500 mm barrel in 22 caliber to shoot right about 755 FPS. I am shooting an informal competition that requires it to be no more than 20 foot pounds of energy. According to my calculations if I use the 15.89 Hades (which I have a lot of ) and get them going around 755 FPS that will give me around 20 foot pounds of energy.

Currently I have my reg pressure at 110 bar and the power wheel minimum. I am getting about 600 ft./s. And if I turn the power wheel up to medium I get around 850 ft./s (too fast). My main question is should I turn the regulator up and keep the wheel set a minimum or turn the regular down and turn the power wheel to medium? 🤔 
Thanks. 

Have you touched the hammer spring tension at all? Tuning that gun is going to be a fine line between regulator pressure and hammer spring adjustment. I'd start with the transfer port wheel on medium, regulator pressure about where you're at, and back the hammer spring adjustments out slowly. Take a few shots over a chrono in between adjustment to see where you're at. Once you are at your desired velocity, start grouping for accuracy. Make small adjustments to reg pressure and hammer spring until you're one ragged hole.

Reactions: MEC17670