trying to find the right scope (vortex, bushnell, athlon)

Midas TAC for the win.

10 mil per rev and class leading turrets but as good as the G2 Ares BTR, zero stop,10Y focus, great reticle, not too heavy or long and with a 30mm tube. It's the scope to beat for these reasons.

The Vortex SE is a 34mm heavy-ish scope and glass is only okay. It's a great choice otherwise. I'd own one except I'm a glass snob.

There's YO pushing a discontinued SFP scope with mismatched 12 moa turrets and a mildot reticle, which is exactly why it never was a good choice to begin with and is now on sale because nobody that knows better wants it. 

High end Chinese Athlon beats low end Pearl Harbor bombing Jap every time!

Yes! Midas TAC for the win! I have three of them. Great for “clickers” or “dialers”. Elevation is spot on stop to stop. HD glass 26 ounces. Lifetime warranty

Hopefully the postal service is not overloaded with all the Alpha6 returns... ;)

Midas TAC for the win.

10 mil per rev and class leading turrets but as good as the G2 Ares BTR, zero stop,10Y focus, great reticle, not too heavy or long and with a 30mm tube. It's the scope to beat for these reasons.

The Vortex SE is a 34mm heavy-ish scope and glass is only okay. It's a great choice otherwise. I'd own one except I'm a glass snob.

There's YO pushing a discontinued SFP scope with mismatched 12 moa turrets and a mildot reticle, which is exactly why it never was a good choice to begin with and is now on sale because nobody that knows better wants it. 

High end Chinese Athlon beats low end Pearl Harbor bombing Jap every time!

Yes! Midas TAC for the win! I have three of them. Great for “clickers” or “dialers”. Elevation is spot on stop to stop. HD glass 26 ounces. Lifetime warranty

Hopefully the postal service is not overloaded with all the Alpha6 returns... ;)

THAT made my day 😆

Check this out. If the 25% off is Legit there's a crapload of high end high dollar scopes even discontinued one's for cheap.

$4699.99 Leupold will be $1100.00 off if the discount is for real. Just one example or the Athlon Cronus for around $1349.99. Many others worth checking out.

1598182776_1813405365f425578626317.55016559.png

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=Athlon

Use the ones that work. There was a 25% off.

https://www.prmdeal.com/coupons/tombstonetactical.com

This was few hours ago but check yourself.

You yourself have to initiate it. See my other post in OPTICS discussion couple hours ago.

That's a $1100.00 savings on the $4699.00 or was it $4799.00 whatever Leopold scope. That's only one example they got $10k specialty scopes too as well as cheaper Athlons etc...

1598216124_19483365465f42d7bcdf39b4.18142557.png
1598216125_21266251405f42d7bd1f4375.06611768.png

THIS LEOPOLD AND THERMAL SCOPE LOOKS INTERESTING FOR 25% OFF ANY GOOD?

1598216649_7627248765f42d9c97f0cd8.99446307.png

I'm pretty sure that the Bushnell LRS with the "G2" reticle has mil turrets which are 5 mils per revolution. If so that might be a decent scope. However I had this scope in the 3-12x44 version and it had a funky eyebox, but at least it was mil/mil so both turrets and reticle matched. I didn't think much of it so I sold it.

Still those older Bushnell's aren't anywhere close to the Athlon Midas TAC!

Also that MK8 Leupold you are referring to is the most overrated riflescope in the entire market, it's not a good value at 25% off! You could buy a Tangent Theta for $4700 or a ZCO for $3600, even less if you want their less popular reticle. Ilya "DLO" thinks the TT is at the top right now.

Oooh my goodness, YO! You are such an enabler...!!
1f604.svg

Thanks for the links!
1f44d-1f3fc.svg

Matthias

That one shows 10 yard focus on the more expensive Optics Planet site used only to check specs not to buy from there since Tombstones no brainer cheaper anyways. Bushnell JAPAN Illuminated 6-24x50 FFP but IDK if it's accurate IIRC may have seen 25 yard? The one I checked out a while ago? Maybe not this exact model # ??? IDK

I'm pretty sure that the Bushnell LRS with the "G2" reticle has mil turrets which are 5 mils per revolution. If so that might be a decent scope. However I had this scope in the 3-12x44 version and it had a funky eyebox, but at least it was mil/mil so both turrets and reticle matched. I didn't think much of it so I sold it.

Still those older Bushnell's aren't anywhere close to the Athlon Midas TAC!

Also that MK8 Leupold you are referring to is the most overrated riflescope in the entire market, it's not a good value at 25% off! You could buy a Tangent Theta for $4700 or a ZCO for $3600, even less if you want their less popular reticle. Ilya "DLO" thinks the TT is at the top right now.

What if the ARES BTR is within OP budget? 

The Bushnell Match Pro: ➔ Don't know on clicking but $499 "retail."

IIRR that scope is pitched at the entry level for PRS shooters — where many/most seem to dial their scopes rather than use holdovers....

If Bushnell puts their name on this scope you'd think they'd make sure that the turrets track.

Just thinking (hoping?).... 🤔

Matthias

Those are good deals through Tombstone but the Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 has 25Y focus so it's only suited to "long range" airgunning. The Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 has 10Y focus.

Both the Midas TAC's, 6-24 and 4-16, have 10Y focus.

For whatever reason the Midas TAC 6-24 has a superior prescription. I actually prefer the glass in it over the Ares BTR??!! I've seen it over and over again over multiple samples. 

I've tried to explain to Athlon to put 10Y focus on all their scopes, and why - NOPE.

I've tried to explain to Athlon to put 10Y focus on all their scopes, and why — NOPE.

Steve,

I appreciate you taking the time and making the effort to write to Athlon. 👍🏼

Yes, if it isn't 10 yards parallax, I don't even put it onto my Scope Specs Tables — it's a deal breaker for me and many others (15y is a marginal maybe).

A 4.5-27x would nicely cover close range stalking shots and 150 yard long rangers — all in one scope.

That's what I find facinating about the variable magnification scopes.

MTC, HiLux, Swampfox, Falcon, Vector, Discovery — they all can do it in their 5-30x scopes (and usually for around $500). Why not Athlon?!? (Well, OK, Vortex and Bushnell are much worse than Athlon. My email to Bushnell was met with a friedly recognition of that fact — I'd love to see progress and improvement....)

Just too bad. For them. And for us.

🔶 Maybe more of us should contact Athlon to adjust their POA and include airgunners in their product design! 😄

Matthias

Those are good deals through Tombstone but the Ares BTR 4.5-27x50 has 25Y focus so it's only suited to "long range" airgunning. The Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 has 10Y focus.

Both the Midas TAC's, 6-24 and 4-16, have 10Y focus.

For whatever reason the Midas TAC 6-24 has a superior prescription. I actually prefer the glass in it over the Ares BTR??!! I've seen it over and over again over multiple samples. 

I've tried to explain to Athlon to put 10Y focus on all their scopes, and why - NOPE.

That's why I kinda gave up on the 25 yard JAPAN Bushnells. I think I wanna try this one SAYS 10 YARD FOCUS from Tombstone with discount since this LINK REFERENCE ONLY THEY'RE EXPENSIVE DONT BUY FROM BUSHNELL BUY FROM TOMBSTONE WITH 41% OFFCODE IF ANY CODE WORKS IT WILL BE DIRT CHEAP FIR A JAPAN ILLUMINATED FFP SCOPE THAT RETAILED FOR $1450.00.

https://www.bushnelloptics.com/bushnell-riflescopes-bt6245f.html

This one was REALLY BIG BUCKS YEARS AGO!!!

EDIT! CRAP! Wrong scope! Meant to post reference link for Illuminated FFP JAPAN 10 YARD one. Wait for it...

NOooo ITS CORRECT!

1598301844_9600127285f442694811c09.76622311.png

Don't buy from here!!! I don't care if it says HALF PRICE! THEYRE A LOT CHEAPER FROM TOMBSTONE WITH DISCOUNT CODE.

I just got my Alpha 6 Friday. It would not track right out of the box. At first I could not see any ca. Now today in the bright sun light I do see some. Anyway it is going back. I wonder how little I would have to pay to get ED glass. How is the eye box on the Sightrons? They claim to have better tracking. I am not willing to pay their price for ED glass but would consider the Tac or SIII. I am just a casual target shooter. Is the Slll worth the price increase? 

If you bought it on sale I'll buy it from you send me a PM and copy of your price you paid. SERIOUSLY. Don't return it.

Jerry I have several different Sightrons Models from the S2s and S TAC and S3s.

The S2 4-16x front focus says Philipines and so do all my different S TACs. The S3s all of my different ones say JAPAN.

Its too bad you missed the Sightron S3 clearance sale 2-3 months ago for $599 and $699 clearance sale and now you pay regular price which is about double. Most had 13 yard minimum focus. Some were 40 yard minimum just research before buying and don't be dumb like me careless buying expensive stuff sometimes without doing enough research.

I wouldn't pay the regular price for the S3s because they're aren't clear past 35x on the 10-50x60s S3s maybe on a dark overcast or Dawn or dusk then they're pretty clear. But I actually did pay full price for my first few years ago when I was kinda careless and stupid with my money.

They are worth IMHO $599 and $699 for the 10-50x60 S3s with the 13 yard focus. I wouldn't pay more. 

Pay REALLY keen and close attention to the eyebox on the Alpha6 when zooming from minimum to maximum. You are gonna miss that nice eyebox when you look through other brands of scopes Japanese included.

Send me a PM don't return it if you didn't mount it and paid the sale price I'll buy it from you.