trying to decide Wildcat Bottle Sniper .30 or Uragan 2

Hi all,
My goal is to have a decent off-hand shooting gun I can walk with. Also just for fun and accuracy at a little longer distances and I am intrigued by slugs. I am leaning toward the Wildcat because it is lighter. I love the look of the Uragan. I also considered getting Huben in .25. Having a hard time deciding what I want to do. I have a Crown in .30/600mm. I love the gun but am leaning toward a different barrel smaller caliber and shorter barrel setup or even selling it, as it seems underpowered to do the slug thing. It is also quite long with a moderator. Anyway, I realize this is an impossible question for you all to answer but I figured i would throw it out there. thanks. Doug

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Hi all,
My goal is to have a decent off-hand shooting gun I can walk with. Also just for fun and accuracy at a little longer distances and I am intrigued by slugs. I am leaning toward the Wildcat because it is lighter. I love the look of the Uragan. I also considered getting Huben in .25. Having a hard time deciding what I want to do. I have a Crown in .30/600mm. I love the gun but am leaning toward a different barrel smaller caliber and shorter barrel setup or even selling it, as it seems underpowered to do the slug thing. It is also quite long with a moderator. Anyway, I realize this is an impossible question for you all to answer but I figured i would throw it out there. thanks. Doug
What are longer distances to you? I have owned the Uragan in the shorter .30 cal version, I own a Huben .25 and I just got a wildcat bt compact in .30.

I have a Maverick Sniper and a Vulcan 3 (700) in .30 cal. Both seem to be equally accurate for me, in my hands, off the bench out to the 100 yards where I have tested my skills (albeit with pellets only). They both actually surprised me at how accurate and consistent they were, although I don't have any numbers I can quote you since it has been a while.

Of the 2 guns (and without actually weighing them) the Maverick feels lighter and handier to carry as compared to the V3. But I just shoot them off the bench so it doesn"t matter too much to me.

Unless you really like the stock of the Wildcat Bottle gun, I would look more seriously at the Mav due to its big plenum (and your stated desire to shoot slugs). It is all very personal, but I get along with a Mav stock (with bag rider) better than I have with Wildcat stocks.

I have owned a Uragan standard in .30 cal but I never got along all that well with it. Its initial accuracy issues were traced by AoA to a manufacturing defect in the barrel. It was definitely more accurate (in my hands) with the new OEM barrel, but it always seemed to me to be one of those guns that you kind of had to max out to get the wanted muzzle velocity (at least in .30 cal). So the shot cycle wasn't all that smooth and you really needed to work hard for any accuracy. Plus it just felt like a pretty heavy gun. Maybe different (better?) in the newer U2.

I have the Vulcan 3 .30 Cal in 700 and the Vulcan 3 in .177 in 500 mm (Amazingly accurate with NSA 12.5 grain slugs)....

I have the Uragan (first version) in.22 Cal (amazingly accurate with NSA 24.8 grain slugs).

I like the Vulcan 3 more because of how easy is to disassemble and assamble again.

All AGT rifles were the best purchase in market but that ended when Sidewinder arrived a couple of months ago. Now Sidewinder offers more power with less weight, shorter length and better accuracy at really long distance (230 yards).

Last edited:
Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I have a Maverick Sniper and a Vulcan 3 (700) in .30 cal. Both seem to be equally accurate for me, in my hands, off the bench out to the 100 yards where I have tested my skills (albeit with pellets only). They both actually surprised me at how accurate and consistent they were, although I don't have any numbers I can quote you since it has been a while.

Of the 2 guns (and without actually weighing them) the Maverick feels lighter and handier to carry as compared to the V3. But I just shoot them off the bench so it doesn"t matter too much to me.

Unless you really like the stock of the Wildcat Bottle gun, I would look more seriously at the Mav due to its big plenum (and your stated desire to shoot slugs). It is all very personal, but I get along with a Mav stock (with bag rider) better than I have with Wildcat stocks.

I have owned a Uragan standard in .30 cal but I never got along all that well with it. Its initial accuracy issues were traced by AoA to a manufacturing defect in the barrel. It was definitely more accurate (in my hands) with the new OEM barrel, but it always seemed to me to be one of those guns that you kind of had to max out to get the wanted muzzle velocity (at least in .30 cal). So the shot cycle wasn't all that smooth and you really needed to work hard for any accuracy. Plus it just felt like a pretty heavy gun. Maybe different (better?) in the newer U2.
Isn't the new wildcat bottle equipped with the same plenum setup as the maverick?

I have the Vulcan 3 .30 Cal in 700 and the Vulcan 3 in .177 in 500 mm (Amazingly accurate with NSA 12.5 grain slugs)....

I have the Uragan (first version) in.22 Cal (amazingly accurate with NSA 24.8 grain slugs).

I like the Vulcan 3 more because of how easy is to disassemble and assamble again.

All AGT rifles were the best purchase in market but that ended when Sidewinder arrived a couple of months ago. Now Sidewinder offers more power with less weight, shorter length and better accuracy at really long distance (230 yards).
The Sidewinder sounds great. My question about the sidewinder is the noise level. I really cannot use a loud gun. Is there a practical way to quiet it to comparable level to the other guns?

The Sidewinder sounds great. My question about the sidewinder is the noise level. I really cannot use a loud gun. Is there a practical way to quiet it to comparable level to the other guns?
It is loud but not much !!

My Daystate Wolverine HP .25 is louder.

Other alternaive is a Vulcan 3 or the Uragans 2..... The advantage is that all of us know that they will shoot pellets and slugs equally without any change of settings.