• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Truth behind Macavity Arms Prototype Airgun

Cause he added all his "expertise" to make it shoot better. Probably has been over filling the thing like he over filled his Veteran Tactical that Talon Tunes let him borrow. Said in his video it held 300 bar and put that out there on youtube. Well it clearly says 250 bar on the side of the gun so he had to go back and re-edit the video. He drops the loaned gun and scratches it all up on concrete then has to buy the loaned gun from Tony and since he didn't expect to pay $1700, he tries to sell it on here and tells everyone it is so great he will buy another one. We all know he was just trying to recoup his lost funds. If you want to be taken serious as a reviewer, just be honest. Nate is far from that. He bashed NSA for not returning his email begging for free slugs to "test." You want to test them, buy a few sample packs.

Well everyone who reviews says there are accuracy issues. mags thin and have to plug? most of the pics of groups are VERY ....shotgun-ish! i hope the production models are improved. ill be waiting a year or 2 personally till i see some 1/2." groups regularly at 50 yds.:cautious:
I regret posting my group photos because I actually wasn't on a good rest, or trying like it mattered, and even if I had been, I don't shoot groups that well anyway. A really good bench shooter could do much better. The magazines do need work, that's probably why they are coming out with metal ones. You hold it in your hands, and shoot it, you like it. I do.

I regret posting my group photos because I actually wasn't on a good rest, or trying like it mattered, and even if I had been, I don't shoot groups that well anyway. A really good bench shooter could do much better. The magazines do need work, that's probably why they are coming out with metal ones. You hold it in your hands, and shoot it, you like it. I do.
The gun itself looks promising I was considering it but I gravitated toward the even less expensive Stoeger scout. No accuracy issues. Dead solid rifle with an outstanding feel and precise operation.

If it can’t hit , it’s ….. ( well you know what rhymes with “ hit”)

Not sayin the MA2 is that…. But accuracy in almost every review wasn’t upto snuff in my opinion

You sound upset!
It would be easier to just move on!

No need to hate and get high blood pressure over a youtuber that gets to work at home, doing what most of us all enjoy.... shooting airguns!
His unique style of shooting little recycled plastic toys is unique, harmless, refreshing and effective!
Much more entertaining in my opinion, than watching videos of someone punching holes in paper, or killing birds and iguanas!

I find his airgun videos very detailed and informational with just the right amount of humor!
Others must agree, as his Macavity video has already received over 100,000 views in just 1 months time!
Thats impressive, and 10 X more views than any other Macavity video currently on Youtube!

Heil Ya!

Nice day to play outside till the rain starts so I took my Genesis .25 out to play. I also 3D printed a new moderator for it to see if I could, and yes, it made a big difference in the sound of the Genesis. Started with full 3500 and ended with 2200 in tank so approximately 50 shots on a full tank. 80 feet to fence. Using bag to stabilize rifle. After 1 mag to zero in scope shot 8, 5 shot groups in what I think is very respectable groupings. Was using Hammer's 3-9x40AO. First time with that scope on rifle. Bought it used on eBay.
1000006981.jpg
1000006982.jpg
1000006983.jpg
1000006984.jpg

Last edited:
Nice day to play outside till the rain starts so I took my Genesis .25 out to play. I also 3D printed a new moderator for it to see if I could, and yes, it made a big difference in the sound of the Genesis. Started with full 3500 and ended with 2200 in tank so approximately 50 shots on a full tank. 80 feet to fence. Using bag to stabilize rifle. After 1 mag to zero in scope shot 8, 5 shot groups in what I think is very respectable groupings. Was using Hammer's 3-9x40AO. First time with that scope on rifle. Bought it used on eBay.View attachment 464074View attachment 464075View attachment 464076View attachment 464077
I really like the design of the factory moderator coming back over the shroud, this makes it way stronger if it gets knocked against a tree branch or something. If I had a 3d printer I would just make a core. Macavity is doing a core for the production model and if it is a legitimate attempt I will get theirs.

Reactions: gstrain
I really like the design of the factory moderator coming back over the shroud, this makes it way stronger if it gets knocked against a tree branch or something. If I had a 3d printer I would just make a core. Macavity is doing a core for the production model and if it is a legitimate attempt I will get theirs.
I also like their design. I printed several different baffle types that fit snuggly in the factory moderator. They do reduce the sound quite a bit, though not as completely as the fully printed one. I will purchase one that Macavity designs and offers as soon as it is available most likely. I should have an inexpensive DB meter here in the next day and will try to test a little more accurately. No moderator, factory moderator, factory moderator with 3D printed baffles and full 3D printed moderator.

Reactions: PumaCarl
Nice day to play outside till the rain starts so I took my Genesis .25 out to play. I also 3D printed a new moderator for it to see if I could, and yes, it made a big difference in the sound of the Genesis. Started with full 3500 and ended with 2200 in tank so approximately 50 shots on a full tank. 80 feet to fence. Using bag to stabilize rifle. After 1 mag to zero in scope shot 8, 5 shot groups in what I think is very respectable groupings. Was using Hammer's 3-9x40AO. First time with that scope on rifle. Bought it used on eBay.View attachment 464074View attachment 464075View attachment 464076View attachment 464077
Nice looking Moderator!

Reactions: gstrain