True MIL-MOA SFP Scopes

Why can’t Manufactures or sellers list true MIL or MOA for SFP scopes? I have been trying to compare SFP scopes for use at 100yd bench rest. The trouble I am having is finding at what magnification true MOA or MIL is on the various scopes. Sightron list this in their Specs on (some) of their scopes. Reticle Type: MOA-2 (@24x). Some scopes you can find this spec by downloading an instruction manual. Some scopes I have been unable to find this info.

For instance, I was looking at an 8-32 SFP scope on Amazon. I ask the question, @ what magnification is true MIL on this scope? The Dealer answered: YES.......

I have even read reviews and watched video reviews on SFP scopes where the reviewer didn’t even mention True MIL or MOA. (Joe does)

How hard would it be to list this important spec? Sorry rant over.

My point was that scope makers don't state that in their specs. I want a SFP scope for 100yd BR, true MOA or MIL at no less than 20x. Without true reticle specs it's hard to make a decision as to which scope will fill my needs. Some of the things I have ran into follows. One popular maker makes a 3-18x50, MOA@18x they also make a 5.5-25x50 also MOA@18x so not what I want. Another co. makes a decent and affordable SFP 10-40x50 BR scope MOA@40X, but all the reviews say that @ 30x+ it looses clarity, so not what want I want. I can give other examples but I hope you get my point.

Here is how to find out where the true Mil setting is on your scope. Be warned, even if it is stated on the scope manual of the reticle’s true Mil or MOA setting (for multi-mag scopes), sometimes the true setting is some millimeters off—even a millimeter from the number on the scope is enough to cause significant POI variances at great distances.

https://www.anstonftc.co.uk/targets/

You're welcome, folks. 

Now, if you happen to use Chairgun Pro like me and want to dial things in for precision shooting, here's a cut-and-paste of my response to one post in the past (original post link: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/strelok-pro-vs-chairgun/#post-362548):

I've never used Strelok Pro, just Chairgun; and I find it spot-on, provided that accurate data is inputted (and I'm a turret clicker). Aside from the usual information like ballistic coefficient, zero distance, pellet weight, projectile type, muzzle velocity and zero-distance velocity, the most important is scope height. I cannot speak for Strelok Pro, but Chairgun requires a certain way to measure scope height, which is perhaps different to that which Strelok permits. This link takes you to the method to correctly obtain the true scope height between your scope and rifle's barrel: https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com/chairgun-and-scope-height/.

Once the correct scope height value is obtained, another crucial measurement is needed to be entered, and that is the correct magnification setting on your scope so that the mildot spacing is true (if you are the type of shooter who will be using holdover and holdunder). Don't be content on the magnification level your scope's manual states as being the true mildot setting as in almost all cases it isn't. Note that even a couple of millimeters off from the true setting is enough to yield a big difference in POI from what Chairgun states relative to the actual POI of your pellet, even at a distance of just 25 yards. To get the true mildot setting of your scope if you use an adjustable one, follow the directions that this link provides: https://www.anstonftc.co.uk/targets/.

Every scope I’ve owned has had a published true calibration magnification. Most newer Hawkes are 10x or 20x. A lot of other scopes it the highest mag on the scope (Bushnell, Vortex, Athlon) unless you’re buying a telescope like the 10-50x60 scopes and then they are all different, but published. And of course there are the odd balls like Aztec that have an 18x cal mag on a 5-25x scope... Honestly are we inventing a problem where none exist? ;)

ctshooter SFP reticles maintain their size throughout a scopes magnification range, and are usually preferred for target and precision shooting. FSP reticles grow in size as you increase magnification, and usually preferred for hunting and tactical applications.

Centercut Published? My point was why should I have to jump thru hoops, go to makers web-sight (if available) and down load a manual to find True MIL or MOA? Why not list that in the specs? They list every spec, why not that? As to odd balls, two Bushnells I am looking at, Forge 4.5-27x50 MOA@20x, Engage 6-24x50 MOA@20x.