True Ballistic

I asked this question on a few FB groups and got some feed back but looking for more. I saw a rifle review the other day and they were shooting into a solid backstop at 30 yards yet the chrony was recording velocity of the projectile out to 150 yards. This was at least the 3rd time seeing this from multiple channels. My question is does it just guess what the projectile is doing?

Google labradar and have fun.

Screenshot_20240112_191301_Samsung Internet.jpg

Though you were asking what chrony gave reading @ multiple distances. My bad.
No worries bud. I’ve seen the labradar miss readings at certain distances so I’m pretty sure that one works. I’m questioning how the true ballistic chrony is picking up velocity passed a solid backstop target and claiming to be a tracking device.

Sean, I just got a True Ballistic. Here I’m shooting into a berm 35 yds. away and still get 4 reading, at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yds. Thought it was odd at first and realized it’s a calculation. I alway wondered how it could possibly get an accurate reading at each distance. By the way this crony sure makes it simple. Crow
Can’t get pic. Storm just went through internet very slow.

N
Thanks for the replies gents. So it basically just reads muzzle velocity and has a built in ballistic app.
No, it contains 2 radar units. You can do the same thing by shooting and getting muzzle velocity (5-shot group), then moving your small chrono downrange a known distance and shooting again (5-shot group). Take those two average FPS readings, the known distance you moved the chrono downrange, and put the info into a calculator which will give you velocities at particular distance, as well as ballistic coefficient. Lot of work, but it can be done. Or just pay a bit more for this unit and it does it all for you.

N

No, it contains 2 radar units. You can do the same thing by shooting and getting muzzle velocity (5-shot group), then moving your small chrono downrange a known distance and shooting again (5-shot group). Take those two average FPS readings, the known distance you moved the chrono downrange, and put the info into a calculator which will give you velocities at particular distance, as well as ballistic coefficient. Lot of work, but it can be done. Or just pay a bit more for this unit and it does it all for you.

Do you know at what distance the second radar reads at?

Do you know at what distance the second radar reads at?

Don't have a FX TBC in hand yet, but IIRC, it is customizable in the menus, as well as other pellet-specific data points. I also remember reading somewhere about what algorithm/calculating method it uses, but cannot bring it to the front of my brain to speak of it now. Perhaps someone who has one already can chime in.