Troubleshooting 300S sledge and have questions...

I was expecting the pin to be perpendicular to the rear of the angle bracket, and parallel to the flat on the stock screw lug side. But as you can see in the photo, it isn't. Is that why they call it an angle bracket? I don't know, but it looks wrong to me; and if it is wrong, how in the world did it get that way? If the stock screw were making contact, it would force the pin to bend the other direction. I have no idea what cold bend the pin down like that. In addition, with the c-clips removed, one of the front pins came out fairly easily, but the other one is stuck, and there's not a lot of surface area to grab on to. Any tips on getting it out?

1588968166_244166205eb5bae62eb893.55529193.jpg

Has the action/gun taken a hit? My rear guide rod is perpendicular to the mount it is attached to, not bent downward as yours appears. Also once the e-clips are removed the front rods should come out with a simple pull using needle nose pliers. 
does the sledge even recoil when fired?

Just got it recently, so I don't know the history, but noticed it was stuck in the forward position; that's what caused me to look into it. If yours is straight, then mine is bent. So if I can get the rear guide straightened out (how?) I think everything will be okay. Need to find a guide straightener-outter.

If you have just recently obtained the airgun then yes, the gun has been dropped in my opinion. That rear guide pin is hella strong and won’t bend under normal use no matter. Sounds like it might have tweaked one of the front guides too? 
if you pull the fronts out, you can roll them on glass to check for true. 

you might place a phone call to Neal at ISS and see if he has all three guides/pieces. 

That rear guide pin is a pretty precision fit. If its bent that bad I assume it won't even go in. I'd put a large chisel in the vise pointing up, put the gap over the chisel, and hit the back driving it down onto the chisel. Put a block of wood between the part and whatever you are smacking it with. 

I had one that was bent before but not that bad. I bet it bends back easier than you think. 

Thanks for the encouragement everybody! Used increasingly larger chisels and checked the spring-back, similar to what thumper suggested, and then used a feeler stack to verify it was straight. It did go much better than I anticipated. Put it all back together and it's shooting like it's supposed to! 😁 Wife looked at me and said "you must have fixed your gun".

I could only check the one I got out and it was straight. The sledge moved easily on the other pin, but I couldn't get the pin out of the blind hole that it seats in. The gun arrived 4 days ago and I knew something wasn't right. It didn't sound right; didn't feel right. Then I noticed the sledge system wasn't working. I'm pretty happy about getting it fixed!

I have a 300S Junior that had exactly the same issue, except on mine the rear rod was bent kinda sideways instead of downward. 

For whatever my opinion is worth, I don't see how this stout bit could be bent accidentally; even if you dropped the gun heavily, there's no way for it to put a substantial off-axis force on this rod. I wonder if shooting clubs bent it on purpose, to cancel the recoilless action? Not sure why you'd want to do that, but again not sure how it could happen any other way.

I was able to find a used part that was straight and worked fine, though I'm embarrassed to say I've forgotten the source. I want to say Pilkguns but it might have been JG Airguns.

Three variants of the 300SU:

First has lengthened fore arm compared to a standard model, with flat area underneath in front of the trigger guard. The gun came with a riser for the rear sight, high and low front sights, and high and low cheekpieces.

Second very similar, but eliminates the flat spot in favor of having the fore end taper and stippling running all the way back to the trigger guard.

Third looks very similar to the second, but has an adjustable-height cheekpiece instead of the replaceable ones.

This one is a first version, with low cheekpiece/sight set up.

Thanks Mike! I need to break the camera out an get a better photo. The finish appears to be original, to me. I believe it's from '79 (SN 266738), but I haven't yet emailed FWB to confirm.

Last night it occurred to me that a piece of heat shrink tubing might have enough grip to get the stubborn front pin out. If not, maybe it would give pliers better grip. I think I'll try it next time I have one apart.