• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Trouble with changing Maverick liner

I got my .25 slug liner today and I'm having a hard time insertiing the new liner into the barrel. I can get it so that there's a little over an inch an, a half sticking out, and by pushing hard get it in a little further, but then it won't move. If I do give it that extra push, it's a real bear to get it back out again. I tried lubing the probe end with a little o-ring lube, but it didn't help. Tried removing the port section, it doesn't want to move. At the rate I'm going I'm going to damage something. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Moses in PA

Before I got the carbon fiber liner what I did was place the 4 O-rings where I wanted them on liner, then on either side of O-ring wrap some painters tape around liner about 5-6 times. This stops O-rings moving\sliding when inserting liner into barrel sleeve and keeps them exactly where you want them. Clean barrel liner outer side thoroughly with acetone so that tape can stick.

Reactions: Dannyg
I think I've found the issue. Tried the original liner and it went in with no trouble. So I got out the micrometer and sure enough, the new slug liner is about 0.1mm bigger than the original. I guess that's all it takes:cautious:
I've scratched the new liner so I won't be able to return it (besides waiting for months while it was on backorder) so I think it's time for a little emery paper.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Moses in PA