• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Trouble with aspen pump not working bought a hand pump air leaking out of probe

Are you talking about after you fill the rifle and remove the fill probe?? If so I have the very same problem with my Aspen and have not been able to get it to stop leaking. There's 2 check balls that seal against both the pump input and the probe input and mine are both leaking. I'm following incase someone has a good suggestion on how to fix this leak.

I don't have the answer, but I thought I remember something like the factory fill for the Sumatra 2500 had a similar issue. Something like pull out the fill while holding the gun face down .

Spring tension? Not enuf silicone on those bearings.? Common fix was to replace the fill port fitting as soon as purchased?

I might have imagined it. But I think I am remembering it.

(Rubber mallet faster answer)

Use divers grease on the fill probe O-Rings.

If that diesnt help then replace the fill probe O-Rings and try again with divers grease.

If all else fails and it's a brass probe then check with HUMA for the Stainless steel probe it's more reliable no leaky-leaky.

I know you've had pretty much every airgun possible, but have you actually had one of these? I didn't know that there was a PCP with its own pump built-in. 

If that diesnt help then replace the fill probe O-Rings and try again with divers grease.

If all else fails and it's a brass probe then check with HUMA for the Stainless steel probe it's more reliable no leaky-leaky.

I know you've had pretty much every airgun possible, but have you actually had one of these? I didn't know that there was a PCP with its own pump built-in.

I knew about these for quite a while myself but I didn’t like the reviews that it was getting. I try to do a lot of research before I put out money for something. They weren’t too promising. I’m not trying to give the poster any more negativity than he’s already got but it was just my observation. At that time I didn’t know either and that’s why I wanted to see what people had to say about them.

Matter of fact I had a 22 Seneca Aspen and have 5 ATI Nova Freedoms.

They have a certain life expectancy like the Nova Liberty and Avenger PCP counterparts. Consumable goods.

I bought plenty because they we're pretty dirt cheap at Bud's gunship years ago and bought some from private party who attested to their accuracy.

I used to highly recommemd them till mine broke.

Matter of fact I had a 22 Seneca Aspen and have 5 ATI Nova Freedoms.

They have a certain life expectancy like the Nova Liberty and Avenger PCP counterparts. Consumable goods.

I bought plenty because they we're pretty dirt cheap at Bud's gunship years ago and bought some from private party who attested to their accuracy.

I used to highly recommemd them till mine broke.

I was the same until mine wouldn't stop leaking. It's a good design IMHO but made with cheap materials and poor QC on assembly. Heck,if they just offered parts it would be a huge improvement.