• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Trouble with Arken Zulus set-up

I'll double check the fingers tonite but the others are a non issue
Lastly up to date on the firmware and if the ballistics are enabled and your on full zoom it will give you a ranging error becuase you won't have enough room for the holdover. Reach out in PM and let me know how it goes.

Reactions: trlrman
I use my scope every day and have changed my battery twice. So I'm on my third charge and it's still showing full.
I use the standby feature and use the IR on auto. Doing so will make the battery last a very long time.
I believe my extra batteries are Orbtronics.
I don't know if the ones that came with the scope have a brand name on it. I'll have to look.

Where did you find the focus knob ? I have not had much time with the unit but I keep getting rangeing error ?
A short, wide zip tie serves quite nicely as a focus lever…

IMG_1175.jpeg

Following is the prompt and detailed response I received from Arken:

Dan, I apologize for your less than satisfactory initial impression. Just within the last week or so, we ran out of the accessory packs. This includes the batteries, battery charger, and SD card. We have more on the way and will ship those to every Zulus order that didn't ship with the accessory pack. Button top 18650 batteries will not work, I have only used flat top 18650 batteries, here is an example of what I ordered on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/BENKIA-Recha...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Additionally, 18650 flat top batteries can be picked up at most local vape stores. We look forward to getting you your Zulus accessory pack. Thank you for your support and business.
Whoever sent you that link should be shot, when dealing with un-protected lithium rechargeables, unless you are extremely well versed in them, you only buy from legit retailer and only brand names like IMR, Sanyo, Panasonic, etc.. never buy no-name branded unprotected cells. Spend the extra couple dollars and buy branded by manufacturer real lithium rechargeables, you get far better quality all the time with real capacity ratings, you don't get that 99% of the time with all the no-name branded lithiums.

Honestly, never buy no-name lithiums period, 90+% of all fires with lithiums are unbranded, the others are stupid people that don't know what they are doing, with a near 0 but occasional failure of electronics(normal failure of protection electronics is it just won't let electricity flow). The difference in length of rechargeable lithium batteries of any size is whether they are Protected or Not Protected. Protected batteries are longer than their counterpart unprotected batteries, the safety lies between the ears of the user when using un-protected lithium's. Use of a single un-protected lithium battery, in a device specifically designed for it to prevent over discharge and runaway current is fine, there are devices with the appropriate electronics that use multiple un-protected lithiums, but use of multiple un-protected lithiums in a device not designed specifically for it is a reciped for a fire you cannot put out. The protection circuit in individual cells does two things, at design low voltage it disconnects flow of electricity, and during normal operation, it prevents too much current from flowing by shutting off.

Reactions: HogKiller
Most vap shops will have protected batteries and some can even be flat top protected. Attached is 3 of the same exact battery one button top protected, one button top not protected, and one not protected flat top. Batteries from a vape shop will most likely be protected but doesn't hurt to look also note that the Samsung 30q is a 15amp battery and will work but not 100% needed as it's not a high drain device like a vape. The ones I mentioned are 10amp. If you have a power pack like I mentioned you can get power to the scope and start learning it while you figure out your battery situation. The battery tonthe right that you want is right around 65mm.

View attachment 443613

View attachment 443614
Thank you for the help. I used your link and ordered 2 of them.

I only have flat top 18650 batteries, but a few of them do have a solder blob added to work in some flashlights of mine.
In one of my single cell flashlights that has it's own electronics for lithiums, most unprotected cells are too short to make a good connection, and protected cells too long. My solution was to buy some thin gold plated wafer neodymium magnets to use as a button on my unprotected cells, works great. You can always buy them on fleabay.