Trouble with Arken Zulus set-up

I received my new Arken Zulus a few days ago. As others had previously mentioned (so not really a surprise), it came without the rechargeable battery. I went to Batteries Plus this morning and purchased the required 18650 series lithium rechargeable battery. The brand name on the package is "Ultralast." The battery is too long and won't let the retaining cap threads engage. I have tried everything I know to try. It is simply too long. For reference, it measures 2.707" or 68.83 mm. So now I am out $40 additional dollars and still not able to power up my optic.

For those of you that have had success, please advise as to the battery brand you are using and if possible, its length, to help me diagnose this issue.

Additionally, for those contemplating ordering one of these, it does not come with the micro sd card either.

DZ

This is the battery I use for the zulus and pard.
Flat at both ends.

IMG_20240307_162823.jpg

Last edited:
Following is the prompt and detailed response I received from Arken:

Dan, I apologize for your less than satisfactory initial impression. Just within the last week or so, we ran out of the accessory packs. This includes the batteries, battery charger, and SD card. We have more on the way and will ship those to every Zulus order that didn't ship with the accessory pack. Button top 18650 batteries will not work, I have only used flat top 18650 batteries, here is an example of what I ordered on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/BENKIA-Recha...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Additionally, 18650 flat top batteries can be picked up at most local vape stores. We look forward to getting you your Zulus accessory pack. Thank you for your support and business.

Guess I have a sign that I have to get on one these.. We started vaping about 10 years ago and moved to devices that take the flat top 18650. Now we vape with devices that have internal batteries so we don't have to swap batteries all the time. But, we have a great charger and about 10 good 18650's sitting there on the counter asking to be used by something. huh.. I don't believe in coincidence. 🥳

IMG_2735.JPG

Reactions: SHOMER
I received my new Arken Zulus a few days ago. As others had previously mentioned (so not really a surprise), it came without the rechargeable battery. I went to Batteries Plus this morning and purchased the required 18650 series lithium rechargeable battery. The brand name on the package is "Ultralast." The battery is too long and won't let the retaining cap threads engage. I have tried everything I know to try. It is simply too long. For reference, it measures 2.707" or 68.83 mm. So now I am out $40 additional dollars and still not able to power up my optic.

For those of you that have had success, please advise as to the battery brand you are using and if possible, its length, to help me diagnose this issue.

Additionally, for those contemplating ordering one of these, it does not come with the micro sd card either.

DZ
First let me make you feel better, you got shafted on that battery. I've found that IMR flat top batteries last a L O N G time and are far less than what you paid for. Don't waste your money on an other battery. I bought 8 of them for $40, including shipping. Sorry to rub it in, I can add some salt if you wish. :LOL: www.imrbatteries.com

HK

• Haha
Glad they got back to you and let you know what's going on with them running out but a note should have been sent to you and everyone that purchased it. In the mean time you can remove the side cover and use a power pack and plug directly into the unit to get started. As mentioned button top protected batteries will not fit. My favorite battery is the NCR18650GA green is made by Panasonic China, and red is Sanyo Japan both are great and essentially the same battery. Before my airgun hobby I was into high powered flashlights yes that's a thing and still enjoy them so I have batteries in all shapes and sizes. If the OP or anyone has any zulus questions just send me a message I have had one since September and have been trying to relay information back to the company when possible.

20190120_120414.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: SHOMER and tibor
My Zulus came yesterday and I am going through the same thing. Ordered the batteries last night and they won't be here till Monday or Tuesday. They say to get good name brand batteries but do not suggest which that might be. I guessed that the Samsung 30Q would be good and ordered 2 of them and a charger. I had not seen this thread yet or it would have helped me but I am pleased to see I ordered the right ones. Also ordered a 128 Sony TF card. I was a little disappointed that they did not come with it but some of that is I just want to get started with it. I have never had an electronic scope before so I am a bit excited. My best scope was a Hawke 3x12. I noticed one post suggested checking for them at a vape shop so will try that today.

Reactions: Mike_OH
My Zulus came yesterday and I am going through the same thing. Ordered the batteries last night and they won't be here till Monday or Tuesday. They say to get good name brand batteries but do not suggest which that might be. I guessed that the Samsung 30Q would be good and ordered 2 of them and a charger. I had not seen this thread yet or it would have helped me but I am pleased to see I ordered the right ones. Also ordered a 128 Sony TF card. I was a little disappointed that they did not come with it but some of that is I just want to get started with it. I have never had an electronic scope before so I am a bit excited. My best scope was a Hawke 3x12. I noticed one post suggested checking for them at a vape shop so will try that today.
Most vap shops will have protected batteries and some can even be flat top protected. Attached is 3 of the same exact battery one button top protected, one button top not protected, and one not protected flat top. Batteries from a vape shop will most likely be protected but doesn't hurt to look also note that the Samsung 30q is a 15amp battery and will work but not 100% needed as it's not a high drain device like a vape. The ones I mentioned are 10amp. If you have a power pack like I mentioned you can get power to the scope and start learning it while you figure out your battery situation. The battery tonthe right that you want is right around 65mm.

20240308_070701.jpg

20240308_080533.jpg

Reactions: SHOMER and Chief55
Thanks all. I had figured all of what is shared out by the time these posts came in and ordered them on Amazon as well. My only complaint is that Arken could have specified in the owner's manual flat tops and I wouldn't have had an issue.

Thanks for all of the input. That is what I love about this forum!
Yeah it should be in the manual and a email should be sent out to all that ordered that there will be a delay in the goodie box. If you have any setup or questions at all just reach out.

Where did you find the focus knob ? I have not had much time with the unit but I keep getting rangeing error ?
My buddy made it and I am testing it out to see how it does. As for the ranging error few things to consider makes sure the lens cap and fingers are out of the way and it won't range under 12y and fog rain and snow can interfere as well. If non of those things take into account let me know.