• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Trouble Shooting my new PCP

I just got a Seneca Eagle Claw .22 lever action in the mail today. Came with about 2000psi in the main tube. took some shot that brought it down to around 1000 psi.

When I went to hook it up to my hand pump to get it up to it optimal max fill pressure, I successfully reached the "200 Bar" and when I went to bleed the hand-pump valve, all of the air from the rifles main tube came out....bring it main tube down to Zero. and now after two attempts to refill it from zero to 200 Bar it keeps doing the same thing and empting the rifle all the way down to zero. 

If anyone can help trouble shoot the issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Some guns do seem to need to be cocked in order to build ANY pressure during filling. If not cocked, pressure on the valve causes air to leak out while filling. Good to know if one owns that type gun. This does not seem to be what you were describing, which is a system that built and held pressure until bled. That suggests a fill check valve issue, not a main firing valve problem. In any event, glad you got it shooting.

I have the exact same issue with my eagle claw when I try to use my electric compressor. I can't seem to get the bleed valve to go fast enough and invariably lets all of the air out. I've done it five times and even though it is an electric compressor and only takes about three or four minutes, after you do this for 40 minutes you get a little frustrated. I like to use the electric compressor because I have three filters, a cigarette size, then a carbon filter about 5 inches and then a foot long molecular separator packed with desiccant.

The only way I was able to get it to work was to use my SCBA tank and the fill whip has a fast bleeder and then I'm fine. 

My initial gut reaction was to send this thing back to fix it but I guess it's a common issue in the design. If it didn't have a magnetic tip on the fill port I would just buy one that has a one-way check and unscrew the one that it came with and replace it. I guess I'm going to be making a phone call to air Venturi and pyramid air and see what their thoughts are on that because it's not fun if you're out in the field and run out of air and can't fill it!

Lil late to the party on this subject but figured I'd put my 2 cents in if anyone finds this later. My Eagle Claw was the same way when I first received it. I saw in a YouTube video (believe it was A.G.D) they noted the same issue. Suggested filling the gun vertically with barrel on the ground and then bleeding as quickly as possible. It worked for me. But now after filling it many times I no longer need to do this, guess it broke in.