• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Trophy* Pic Thread

Here’s what I propose:
Here is a thread where we can post photos our trophy* pics. Rather than use a tape as the singular measure of a trophy, let’s use “a trophy is measured by the effort involved” as our measure. Of course, your whopper kills pics are welcome too.

Please include the following, because it’s interesting:
1. A short story: Who? What? Where?
2. Equipment used: Gun, caliber, slug/pellet…

SO….Let’s see your iguanazillas, rabbitzillas, jackrabbitzillas, squirrelzillas, coyotezillas, ratzillas, mousezillas, gopherzillas, and any “Zilla” that I’ve neglected. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

IMG_1440.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s my start for a trophy pic. I pest, primarily, in a small farm/garden, so I don’t have huge numbers of rats and mice, just a consistent trickle.

While not a Ratzilla, I’d been chasing this guy for a while, and one night, he came in without a tail! I’m sure this is nothing new, but I’d not seen a rat sans tail before.

I used a .25 FX Impact on its lowest setting, topped with an ATN scope.

Reactions: frankie
Here’s my start for a trophy pic. I pest, primarily, in a small farm/garden, so I don’t have huge numbers of rats and mice, just a consistent trickle.

While not a Ratzilla, I’d been chasing this guy for a while, and one night, he came in without a tail! I’m sure this is nothing new, but I’d not seen a rat sans tail before.

I used a .25 FX Impact on its lowest setting, topped with an ATN scope.
I snipe rats in my yard also and occasionally get one with a shortened tail, usually thru fights with other males. Here is the biggest (rattus rattus) not the longest fruit rat I got but the chunkiest. It's almost the size of a sewer rat (aka norway rat) in body shape.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

That is a TOAD! Good shot—tight in the shoulder.
Thanks! He was broadside so I usually always take a heart shot then as their heads move in and out when eating peanut butter off my bait station (unless they freeze) , I only take fuse box shots when they are facing me directly.

Thanks! He was broadside so I usually always take a heart shot then as their heads move in and out when eating peanut butter off my bait station (unless they freeze) , I only take fuse box shots when they are facing me directly.
You understand everything. Well done. Rats have that fortuitous habit of facing forward when they eat seed; it makes for a quick kill. Enter through the head, and exit in its rear.

Here’s what I propose:
Here is a thread where we can post photos our trophy* pics. Rather than use a tape as the singular measure of a trophy, let’s use “a trophy is measured by the effort involved” as our measure. Of course, your whopper kills pics are welcome too.

Please include the following, because it’s interesting:
1. A short story: Who? What? Where?
2. Equipment used: Gun, caliber, slug/pellet…

SO….Let’s see your iguanazillas, rabbitzillas, jackrabbitzillas, squirrelzillas, coyotezillas, ratzillas, mousezillas, gopherzillas, and any “Zilla” that I’ve neglected. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
@ThirdPlace You mean like this thread?

Reactions: ThirdPlace
@ThirdPlace You mean like this thread?

Thanks for this, Ezana4CE; this is the sort of history that we need. I like the idea of including the gun in the photo.A picture is worth a thousand words…that sort of thing.

Would you have an idea of how to include the older, excellent post? Otherwise, let’s keep the photos coming!

A squirrelzilla blast from the past

View attachment 423047
Maybe Ezana4ce should lighten up just a little and maybe google the word "irony" - not trying to pick a fight, but come on!
Holy moly that is SQUIRRELZILLA! Glad you got him on the first shot as I've heard they tend to charge when wounded and are very dangerous like Cape buffalo with teeth....😂👍

First gen .25cal FX crown, common snapping turtle at the local farm.

The single snapping turtle pic was a pretty impressive/ sad shot. First shot was a 150yard head shot, it went over to the edge of the water where I was able to walk right up to it and finish it off. Pics are a couple years old, don't quite recall how the double went down.

IMG_20180528_121826144.jpg

IMG_20180427_114545111.jpg

Almost no effort at all ....
Standing just out in my front yard about to do some offhand practice.
Out hops a young Jack rabbit ... Down ! Then another checking out what just happened ... Down ! Then within just a moment another hops out from behind a brush pile .. Down ! 3 shots inside 25 yards & no misses.
3 young spring Jack juveniles inside 2 minuets while just standing there ... PRACTICING Offhand skills ... priceless :ROFLMAO:

DSCF0248.JPG

Last edited:
Almost no effort at all ....
Standing just out in my front yard about to do some offhand practice.
Out hops a young Jack rabbit ... Down ! Then another checking out what just happened ... Down ! Then within just a moment another hops out from behind a brush pile .. Down ! 3 shots inside 25 yards & no misses.
3 young spring Jack juveniles inside 2 minuets while just standing there ... PRACTICING Offhand skills ... priceless :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 423181
These three baby coons walked out in the middle of my shooting range, while I was shooting. My dad had a similar situation, but it was a groundhog.

IMG_20170805_202016118.jpg

Reactions: crittahitta
This past Summer I was sitting at the bench on the back porch shooting groups with my 499B. I noticed a grasshopper came flying in and plopped down about 8yds away. Then another and another, all between 6yds & 8yds.

I lined-up the peep-sight on the head of a grasshopper, made slight elevation correction and squeezed the trigger. I saw the grasshopper flop over and twitch a little! I went to look and realized the Hornady BB had found it's mark and took off the unlucky hopper's head! The next two hoppers met the same fate! I didn't think my shooting friends would believe me so I gathered the bodies and took a pic, :LOL:

This past Summer I was sitting at the bench on the back porch shooting groups with my 499B. I noticed a grasshopper came flying in and plopped down about 8yds away. Then another and another, all between 6yds & 8yds.

I lined-up the peep-sight on the head of a grasshopper, made slight elevation correction and squeezed the trigger. I saw the grasshopper flop over and twitch a little! I went to look and realized the Hornady BB had found it's mark and took off the unlucky hopper's head! The next two hoppers met the same fate! I didn't think my shooting friends would believe me so I gathered the bodies and took a pic, :LOL:

I'm hoping to see a fly in the house, so I can shoot it with my 2100classic, just air, and no projectile. Done it before, but I've never taken a picture. It also works on spiders.