Tripods

I'm looking to find a tripod. I'm currently using a Bog Deathgrip. What I'm looking for is Bog Deathgrip like but with a ball head. I'm open to moding the Bog. I've tried the search engine and was getting very limited info, probably using wrong parameters. I like the jaws. I don't like mounting hardware hanging off the forestock. I'd like to keep it in the $400 range. Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm looking to find a tripod. I'm currently using a Bog Deathgrip. What I'm looking for is Bog Deathgrip like but with a ball head. I'm open to moding the Bog. I've tried the search engine and was getting very limited info, probably using wrong parameters. I like the jaws. I don't like mounting hardware hanging off the forestock. I'd like to keep it in the $400 range. Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Check out links in this thread for tripods. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/where-do-you-find-bipods-and-tripods-on-sale/?referrer=1

Articise makes affordable quality ballheads there should be a link to some in the above link. They’re sold on Amazon for a reasonable price. For a shooting tripod I suggest getting one with a bowl instead of a center column.

For something like a DeathGrip take a look here https://stores.hogsaddle.com/pig-saddle-1/

Also try searching more AGN threads if the search feature isn’t still acting buggy. 

I am not suggesting what to buy or what not to buy, but myself in example realized too late that the ballhead is tilting/swinging/falling... way too much and levelling it back to a bubble made me emotional. Got myself a "tripod leveling head" and like it way better it tilts only 15 degree a max. But the end result costed me double the $$ and the ballhead is just sitting there now. If somebody would tell me this on time.

Just saying.

I just very recently decided to try tripod shooting. I like it so much that I’m kicking myself for not trying sooner. My Crown in a Saber Tactical chassis has an Arca rail built in which makes tripod mounting very easy. This is the tripod I chose:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087PHXNTN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it is very sturdy with the included bowl head. I also got a ball head to use for photography but I like the bowl type head better for shooting as it keeps the rifle lower on the tripod.

Kenny

I am not suggesting what to buy or what not to buy, but myself in example realized too late that the ballhead is tilting/swinging/falling... way too much and levelling it back to a bubble made me emotional. Got myself a "tripod leveling head" and like it way better it tilts only 15 degree a max. But the end result costed me double the $$ and the ballhead is just sitting there now. If somebody would tell me this on time.

Just saying.

Which ballhead? Which leveling head? I’d like to take a look at them if you don’t mind sharing. 

@kgphotos I’ve seen that tripod before. I considered buying it before purchasing my Innorel that I use with an Articise N52 ballhead. I haven’t had an issue out of the ballhead yet. I really think the amount of range needed depends upon what the shooter will be using the tripod for. Personally, mine is for shooting animals. It may be a an animal in a tree or on the ground. For that type of work, I want as much range to position my rifle where I need it as quickly as possible. If a person is target shooting or rat pesting they may not require as much range and a ballhead may not be necessary. It is something to think about.