• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tripod setup finally put together!!!

Just received the tripod I ordered last week in the mail today, I received the rifle saddle last week and finally put it all together. How she look? I like it myself and is very sturdy for the price of $60+$45 for the saddle. I plan on using this for small game hunting or just plinking at far away targets, nothing makes me happier.
IMG_5420.jpeg
IMG_5415.jpeg
IMG_5419.jpeg
IMG_5416.jpeg

Reactions: L.Leon and Bruzer
Just received the tripod I ordered last week in the mail today, I received the rifle saddle last week and finally put it all together. How she look? I like it myself and is very sturdy for the price of $60+$45 for the saddle. I plan on using this for small game hunting or just plinking at far away targets, nothing makes me happier.

@AirRanger It looks a little questionable (in terms of balance) with the legs positioned closely together in the second photo. I'd also expect some play from the center column; the higher it is extended, the more play (wiggling). If you can adjust to the play, it shouldn't be a large issue while shooting. As for weight distribution, as long as the tripod doesn't tip over and dump your rifle or the saddle doesn't allow it to slip out, you should be fine.

Gerry, your set-up looks marvelous too and your Crown, well, looks quite comfy there!
Ranchibi, Happy New Year. It's my Royale 500, not Crown. I keep things as low tech & trouble free as possible. I was absolutely thrilled today with how well my inexpensive setup worked. People were skeptical of whether or not it would safely & securely hold one's beloved guns. After today I have complete confidence. I set it up for its lowest configuration & sat cross legged to zero all my guns (3). Beautiful, made me smile.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Ranchibi, Happy New Year. It's my Royale 500, not Crown. I keep things as low tech & trouble free as possible. I was absolutely thrilled today with how well my inexpensive setup worked. People were skeptical of whether or not it would safely & securely hold one's beloved guns. After today I have complete confidence. I set it up for its lowest configuration & sat cross legged to zero all my guns (3). Beautiful, made me smile.
Gerry! Even better being a Royale! My bad! I too luv old school platforms that have been around and have generations of tweaking to get the best out of that platform. I have a very similar gun in my RAW HMx, simple, robust old school with generations of engineering to that one platform so everything works in unison. Nowadays some manufacturers change platforms yearly without working out all the bugs! I like what Taipan is doing taking years to make small changes to an already bullet proof platform...hope to own one someday because of these things.

Reactions: Gerry52