• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tripod on Maverick

I have a couple of reasonably good tripods and I'd like to mount my Maverick on them. however my Maverick, if you own one, you know it has a very short fixed rail on the bottom.
I have adapters to it make longer rails but they're not tapped for the quarter inch screw I would need and I don't think they're strong enough to drill and tap. does anyone have any suggestions, examples where to look, where to find. what you're using?

I have used a bottle clamp on mine, but really did not like that.

I have also wondered if some adapters, granted for other guns would work on the maverick as they after all look to be mounting in the same way using the same standardized method.

If you like you can ask Huma if thats possible, id like to hear too, i just have not asked yet myself as money are a little tight ATM

But by the looks of it i am think why should it not work

Last edited:
Buy a short Picatinny 3 slot riser and drill / tap it for your tripod plate. Or better yet, if your tripod uses Arca plates, attach an Arca plate to the Picatinny adapter or use a Picatinny to Arca adapter plate.

I converted all my tripod heads to Arca plate clamps, so now I can instantly mount any gun, camera, spotting scope, binos or whatever, with an Arca plate on it to any tripod or rest. No more looking for a plate to match a particular tripod head and every item is always ready to mount with no fiddling about.

I bought one of these for all my tripod heads since none of them were Arca compatible and each had their own unique plate. What a pain that was! Some of the adapters will screw directly on to the post of your head if it has a central screw. None of mine did. They make smaller ones as well, but this size seems plenty stout to hold a very heavy gun - my 338 Lapua with a 10-60x56 March on it, in an MPA aluminum chassis. If your head doesn't have a central attachment screw then you attach the camera plate that fits your tripod head to the bottom of this device and you are all set for anything Arca. If you need to revert back to the old plate for some reason, just remove the plate and the Arca adapter like you would a camera that was mounted. Click the photo to go to the item page on Amazon.

1667664545364.png

Last edited:
Picatinny Arca Swiss Plate,Picatinny Rail to Arca Tripod Mount,Picatinny Rail Converted into Arca RRS Dovetail Adapter, Compatiable RRS Really Right Stuff Tripod Mount https://a.co/d/9Nwq5Lu

Like Geezerhound said above, picatinny rail to arca swiss adapter, this one is $32 plus 20% off.....
That's the one I use on several guns.

Reactions: Ranchibi
I have a couple of reasonably good tripods and I'd like to mount my Maverick on them. however my Maverick, if you own one, you know it has a very short fixed rail on the bottom.
I have adapters to it make longer rails but they're not tapped for the quarter inch screw I would need and I don't think they're strong enough to drill and tap. does anyone have any suggestions, examples where to look, where to find. what you're using?
https://sabertacticalinc.com/collec.../universal-picatinny-to-picatinny-rail-st0032 I use them on both of my mavericks

Here's a picture of the Saber Tactical pic rail extender installed on my Maverick...

20221104_084010.jpg

Magnus GH-M1 Gimbal Head https://a.co/d/2HQpQU3

I had the same question in different thread. This is what I decided on for my maverick after a lot of advice from forum.

5A0AE023-F8C6-426A-87E7-1512E2EEA86E.png

Both of these fit on my factory Maverick rail. Worked quit well I might add...

Patrick