• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tripod for shooting

Leofoto is indeed a very nice brand with some decent tripods for a good price. Yes, some are more expensive then a lot of other tripods but they feel a lot better.

The one I've got is pictured below with a Dreamline and an Impact on top. Instead of a ballhead I use a monopod head with a panorama base below it on top of the levelling base from the tripod. The advantage of this is that you won't be able to get cant issues when the levelling base is levelled (it was a tip from a wildlife photographer with some heavy gear) and you don't have to look for whether you're canting or not while adjusting.

1590854712_14863711185ed2843810ffc0.09593200.jpg

1590854713_18433975945ed284396c6650.31924995.jpg

Leofoto is indeed a very nice brand with some decent tripods for a good price. Yes, some are more expensive then a lot of other tripods but they feel a lot better.

The one I've got is pictured below with a Dreamline and an Impact on top. Instead of a ballhead I use a monopod head with a panorama base below it on top of the levelling base from the tripod. The advantage of this is that you won't be able to get cant issues when the levelling base is levelled (it was a tip from a wildlife photographer with some heavy gear) and you don't have to look for whether you're canting or not while adjusting.

1590854712_14863711185ed2843810ffc0.09593200.jpg

1590854713_18433975945ed284396c6650.31924995.jpg

Awesome furniture choices on the Dreamline!

A good decade ago (or a bit more) I got a first Amvona Dynatron tripod from ebay, since then I got one more the same tripod a bit different model, I needed for my tooling projects as a flexible floor support. All metal and heavy duty, you can abuse as much you like but cannot kill it. With a heavy duty ball head + Arca Swiss clamp sub $100 to your door, that is fractions how much you would pay for some "branded" tripod???

PRIMOS TRIGGERSTICK

https://www.primos.com/shooting-sticks/trigger-sticks/trigger-stick-gen3-short-tripod-shooting-stick/PO-65812.html

short-tripod-hero-image.jpg

These are great for hunting as you just press the trigger and it will quickly go to whatever height with one hand and it has super smooth panning, quick detach yoke & lock. Those other tripods take too long to adjust and setup versus this can do it in one second. They make two versions a short and tall.

I have the short version and works great; for about $100 this is ideal for hunting and target. They have two point rifle mount for $38 and other types of mounts as well

https://www.amazon.com/Primos-Trigger-Stick-Short-Tripod/dp/B071P7DD9D

I just received today a BOG Deathgrip tripod that I ordered based on some of the recommendation here. I have a Wolverine with a nice walnut stock that I haven’t wanted to modify to add a picatinny rail. The deathgrip was exactly what I needed - brilliant! I was able to get it out to the field for a little squirrel eradication action, and it provided a solid shooting platform, smooth motions - it didn’t bode well for the ground squirrel population. One of the better investments I’ve made - recommended.

Just did a little in store testing. The Bog is good and steady, a little heavy, and not a quick setup. Checked on several others but they didn't seem stable enough. Then the one I purchased the primos trigger stick, the tall one. Already had the shore 38" but it's not tall enough shootingvat extreme up angles. Also have bipod and mono pods. Tryed it hunting/pesting and it works good sitting this old but in a camp chair with targets extreme to a moderate down. The Bog would have done as well except the setup time the pests allow. Also while walking around the dairy the Trigger Stick is a better option for me, quick EZ setup while holding the gun in place with one hand. 

Leofoto Ranger LS-365c tripod with LH-40 ball head is a beast. Its super sturdy, comparatively lightweight, but expensive.

1590417826_4202868415ecbd9a2bcbc88.43344175.jpg

OK, after researching I think this one Michael recommended is an outstanding choice. I've got it coming from Amazon and I'll update once it arrives and I give it a try.

It depends on how you would use the tripod. Meaning in a hunting situation where you are moving through a hunting area...nothing beats the Primos Trigger stick. How in the world do you have time to set up for the shot with most of the tripods in this post? Most pictured are for Photography and Videography, not hunting situations. They could work if you are just sitting static the whole hunt. But if you are on the move and need to setup fast with stability...nothing beats the trigger stick from Primos. My opinion.

Beach-gunner

Dennis