• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

trigger pull

I googled "Beeman replacement trigger" and got a link to Archer Airguns (found in Hard Air Magazine, I think), and a brief write-up from an owner of an X-2 (the same of similar airgun? Not 100% on that). In this write up the owner describes the work he's done to his Beeman, to include trigger work (polishing, shims, etc), but doesn't go into detail. Maybe reading on will give more detail? I suppose the question is, how comfortable are you in taking apart your airguns and working on them? I've had quite a bit of success in improving the notoriously bad Crosman trigger group, but it involves a total tear down of the trigger components, and honing/polishing all the metal to metal contact areas (removing very little metal...I've messed up one or two experimenting). I find just smoothing out the roughness on the metal bits (which are all stamped steel parts) makes a world of difference when shooting. You can also try Charlie Datuna, tho I could find no mention of Beeman triggers on the website.

sorry, forgot the link: 
http://www.archerairguns.info/2013/12/improving-beeman-rs2-barrel-trigger-and.html

Here is an example of what I'm talking about. The face of this part I'm trying to show (please forgive poor quality pics) looks pretty smooth, right? But if you look closely, you can see what looks like a line running the length of the face, slightly offset to the right (wish I knew how to draw arrows on a pic!). That line is actually a raised portion. Looking at this part in person, you could see that this face was pretty rough, I am assuming due to it being stamped (sorry if I'm wrong, but I can't imagine a cut/milled piece being so rough). So I used a fine Arkansas stone to lightly remove the high spot, then hit it with my Dremel and a polishing bit (felt tip using jeweler's rouge) to polish out most of the honing marks. 

Here is the same piece after "the treatment." I did this to all the trigger group parts, added a small R/C car bushing to the pin that goes through the trigger, lubed it all up, and tweaked the "first stage" spring (usually removed in this mod). The result was a silky smooth trigger, that is a tad lighter and shorter (but still kinda long and heavy), but nothing like the scratchy "hair trigger" I had the first time I modified a Crosman trigger. This new trigger may not be good for Field Target, and I'm sure not winning any bench rest events with it, but I think it will be fantastic when I go out hunting for squirrel and rabbit this season. Hope this helps! 

I actually adjusted my trigger yesterday.. There is a tiny screw in the trigger and one behind it..not sure which is what but turn the little one on the trigger in and run the back one out and it does away with the second stage..it reduced the travel tremendously.. But I still going to try a Polish job on it..thanks for the help