• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Trigger issues with the Fx Streamline

I've had a Streamline .22 for about a month now I've shot several hundred pellets through it, it is my fourth FX. I was impressed with the trigger out of the box at first, but after a hundred pellets or so the beginning of the first stage started to stick and it became pretty bad and it had me worried for a while, all it took to sort it was some very minor trigger adjustments, I don;t remember which screw did what but the Streamline trigger is easy to adjust and is now the best trigger of my four FX,s, I've had no mag issues, ( I can't say the same for my .25 Wildcat or my .25 Bobcat mags.
1544419135_6025508555c0df73f074f01.38773917_black lam.jpg
) although the issues were with spare replacement mags, the Streamline has greatly impressed me, It is light, solid, accuracy is typical FX, its simple, looks great, I have the black pepper laminate stock, I love the power adjuster, it loves the JSB 15,s on medium power, and the 18's on high power, and does ok with the 14.35's on low power, it has a good shot count, and the 190cc tank is a easy to fill with a hand pump. As much as I love my .22 Wildcat I would keep the Streamline because of the power adjuster, I do mostly target shooting. The trigger issue was no big thing, I had to tweek ALL of my FX triggers, the .22 Wildcat and the .22 Streamline are my favorite shooters, highly recommend either.

My Streamline 25 has had no problems with the trigger so far. I only have the factory magazine, and no troubles there, either. It was a factory refurb deal, and I couldn't be happier with it so far (a little over a year). I have taken many a squirrel with it, as well as some raccoons and rabbits. It's a tack driver, with under 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards consistently. My favorite shooter right now, although my Crown 30 may take a shot at the title when I'm done tuning it. I say go for it!

I recently bought a Crown and, based on the parts list and drawings, it seems it and the streamline have very similar triggers. The issue with these and many other triggers, they are not traditional two stage triggers, although they operate in that manner. There are not separate sears, so the amount of adjustment is limited. I spent the better part of a day on the Crown trigger, attempting to get it lighter, and finally ended up about an ounce lighter, so around 13-14 ounces. I had it in the 9-10 ounce range, but it was sticky, so the second stage weight adjustment impacts trigger reset. I didn't go up heavier, so I don't know what the upper limit may be. I expect I could do some polishing on a couple of parts and maybe lighten it a bit. But, the design is limiting, and, it is a perfectly good all-around field trigger. I guess I've been spoiled by the match triggers on other rifles, but if your expectations are realistic for its purpose, the FX is a good trigger. 

I recently bought a Crown and, based on the parts list and drawings, it seems it and the streamline have very similar triggers. The issue with these and many other triggers, they are not traditional two stage triggers, although they operate in that manner. There are not separate sears, so the amount of adjustment is limited. I spent the better part of a day on the Crown trigger, attempting to get it lighter, and finally ended up about an ounce lighter, so around 13-14 ounces. I had it in the 9-10 ounce range, but it was sticky, so the second stage weight adjustment impacts trigger reset. I didn't go up heavier, so I don't know what the upper limit may be. I expect I could do some polishing on a couple of parts and maybe lighten it a bit. But, the design is limiting, and, it is a perfectly good all-around field trigger. I guess I've been spoiled by the match triggers on other rifles, but if your expectations are realistic for its purpose, the FX is a good trigger.

finally someone that agrees with the way I see their triggers. The Crown, however, has a great feature over the streamline: there are two holes with threading next to the trigger slid, you can use these to fit a Boss trigger on the Crown. If you want a good trigger on the Crown this is the best upgrade you can do! I have done this upgrade to my Crown, thanks to Johan from FX, and I'm really glad I did.