Norica Trigger guard screw problem solved

The front screw for the trigger guard on my Norica dream hunter has a std self tapping thread which goes directly into the plastic stock. I have had to tighten several times from disassembly and i can feel it starting to strip already. So I got to use my new gun vise for the first time solving this issue.
1000001874.jpg

After removing the trigger guard you can see the safety that automatically engages every time you cock the rifle likely puts stress on this every time. Likely more so if there is any play from it being even a little loose.
1000001875.jpg

I acquired a hex drive threaded insert for wood from the local hardware. Drill out the hole in the stock to a precise fit to the insert making sure to go only far enough for it sit flush with the top while bottoming out at the bottom of the hole.
1000001876.jpg

I did have to trim a small ridge off the top of hole that formed during insertion. Sits perfectly flush now, and give me metal 8/32 thread that I can loctite if needed. Tried shooting, everything works as intended. Now with zero flex in the trigger guard as the safety engages during the cocking stroke.
1000001877.jpg

1000001878.jpg

On to the next project!

you did what should have been done but many rifle and pistol have been short cut on do it right
that fix would have cost them what 10 cents, manufacturing short comings
I was thinking the same thing. I paid full retail for the parts....so including gas to get there this job probably cost $3.50, and 10 minutes of time. They can/should be doing this at the factory.

Bravo! Great repair and good photography.

Feinwerk
That is a great work around, good thinking!

That OEM attachment method was pretty laughable.

Thank you, I don't see much for posts about this particular rifle. I also expect it is not a design flaw exclusive to this brand or model with everyone trying to save a buck on manufacturing costs. I imagine its too much to think ag companies will see this and elevate their production std. Till then, this works well and didn't cost much.