Trigger Cam 2.1 scope cam

Coincidently, I just posted WTS my Triggercam 2.1

Reactions: FLgunner
I have one and am very pleased with it. It is pricy, but the video is really pretty good. The app leaves alot ot be desired, and I feel the Tactacam App is better, but the Trigger Cam is really nice, other than the app.

rodjlva, I saw your WTS ad, that is a really good deal! If I didn't already have one, a tacticam, a GoPro set-up, and Orion's Firefly set-up, I'd be really tempted!

I have one and am very pleased with it. It is pricy, but the video is really pretty good. The app leaves alot ot be desired, and I feel the Tactacam App is better, but the Trigger Cam is really nice, other than the app.

rodjlva, I saw your WTS ad, that is a really good deal! If I didn't already have one, a tacticam, a GoPro set-up, and Orion's Firefly set-up, I'd be really tempted!
flgunner,
thanks, i really wish i could get some use out of it. but it's likely to just sit in the box. great for another agn member!

Wow, that YT review of the two cameras was awesome — so incredibly helpful. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
I wished more reviews were made this way.

Especially helpful was unearthing a detail that no specs list will ever have told us — that the TriggerCam cropped the recorded image by 50%.
Which is bad for most hunting shots that want to show the surroundings of the shot and then the aftermath. And of course unacceptable for holdover shots that go beyond 5mil (a lot of my shots are well over 5mil in my low powered gun...).

🔸Maybe I misunderstood the YT review — but it seemed like he was comparing mostly the brightness of the image of the live view through the scope
and not so much comparing the brightness of the recording.

Related to that: What was missing in the review was one of the reasons for this difference: The prism that directs part of the light to the camera — What percentage arrives at the shooter's eye and what percentage arrives at the camera's lens?
Both Tactacam and TriggerCam keep quiet about this detail.
The EagleVision model offers two options: 50% to the camera, or 75% to the camera. Depending on what your emphasis is you get to choose.
The darker image on the Tactacam might mean that it's percentage to the eye is smaller than that of the TriggerCam. Or.... — that the TriggerCam has a much better camera lens that will pick up more light.
But again, both manufacturer don't tell us the specs.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

With some other posters, I'll keep my Tactacam for now — waiting for the TriggerCam to fix the forced image crop and their app.
And while waiting, I will try out the Firefly with the locally produced InkaScopeCam Adaptor 2.0. 😊

Matthias

One thing that many people do not consider is the advantages of a component system has over a single unit system like Triggercam. If the camera should fail on a Tactacam, or other component unit like the Orion scope cam for instance, you only need to get a replacement camera. With the Triggercam, if any part should fail, the entire unit requires replacement.

I picked up a TC from a forum member, after watching some video I figured WTH. My iPhone would connect but...zero image, no matter what I tried. Contacted TC a few times they finally sent a firmware update so loaded that, still no image on the iPhone BUT can see it on the iPad, go figure, must be an Apple thing (I'll accept any suggesting except getting rid of the iPhone). Every thing work EXCEPT can't get the screen image larger on the iPad but, I'll survive for now. The image on the screen and through the scope both look good, or good enough for me. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to play with it a touch more, I've got months before I can go after ground squirrels again I'm pretty sure that watching holes appear in paper isn't exactly thrilling.

I picked up a TC from a forum member, after watching some video I figured WTH. My iPhone would connect but...zero image, no matter what I tried. Contacted TC a few times they finally sent a firmware update so loaded that, still no image on the iPhone BUT can see it on the iPad, go figure, must be an Apple thing (I'll accept any suggesting except getting rid of the iPhone). Every thing work EXCEPT can't get the screen image larger on the iPad but, I'll survive for now. The image on the screen and through the scope both look good, or good enough for me. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to play with it a touch more, I've got months before I can go after ground squirrels again I'm pretty sure that watching holes appear in paper isn't exactly thrilling.
TC = TactaCam?
TC= Trigger Cam?

Wondering as I too have an iPhone