FX Tried something different this morning with M3

DBlue

Dec 14, 2022
USA
I took some .25 cal. JSB 33.95's and put them in a vibrating case cleaner with some corncob media and cleaned them and took them out and sprayed them down with some Dillon case lube. I shot them this morning on my woods range and I think it did make a difference in the way they shot. First group I shot at 50 yards, was fifteen shots all in the center of the bull...:)

here's a pic of the group....

I also tried to make a short video of shooting a 3" steel target at 100 yards....

IMG_5226.jpg

Last edited:
I took some .25 cal. JSB 33.95's and put them in a vibrating case cleaner with some corncob media and cleaned them and took them out and sprayed them down with some Dillon case lube. I shot them this morning on my woods range and I think it did make a difference in the way they shot. First group I shot at 50 yards, was fifteen shots all in the center of the bull...:)

here's a pic of the group....

I also tried to make a short video of shooting a 3" steel target at 100 yards....

View attachment 385820
That’s a helluva group! What’s the diameter on the orange dot?

Beauty shootin!

Justin

I tried this a couple of weeks ago with some 22 slugs. Problem was the medium( walnut shells )got stuck in the hollow point and was tough to get out. Still thought this was a good idea and planned to try with a very fine glass bead for a short cleaning as too long might deform or change diameter.
Glad to see/ hear you thought this was an improvement in accuracy. Just seems like it has to make things a bit slicker and maybe a bit more aerodynamic. (?)

I tried this a couple of weeks ago with some 22 slugs. Problem was the medium( walnut shells )got stuck in the hollow point and was tough to get out. Still thought this was a good idea and planned to try with a very fine glass bead for a short cleaning as too long might deform or change diameter.
Glad to see/ hear you thought this was an improvement in accuracy. Just seems like it has to make things a bit slicker and maybe a bit more aerodynamic. (?)
I left them in the case cleaner for an hour and then put them in a plastic bag and sprayed some Dillion case lube on them and rolled them around in the bag and the laid the bag on a flat table and spread them out in the bag and propped the end open to let the alcohol evaporate , just like prepping cases for reloading. The Dillon case lube is lanolin and alcohol. This M3 has been shooting very well before I tried this, but I think it does help as I didn’t get many fliers like I usually do….they also load easier, I feel nothing when closing the bolt. I’ve done two tins like this, I will shoot them up in a day or two and see if it really makes a difference…. :)