Trident Moderator

Aloha All,

Wondered if anyone’s gotten their hands on a Trident Moderator and how it compares to Donny’s? Specifically one in .30? I noticed that AOA is selling them. I’ve seen one video and a post a few weeks ago and wondered if anyone had an update? Also does anyone have the dimensions? 

I am thinking of picking up another .30 and one of the rifles in the running is a Hatsan Bully. I see that several members are shooting them and Imold is running one with a Shogun and is happy with the Emperor.

Mahalo

Mark

I had one on a Bantam Beech Hi-Lite .25 and it did a good job, though I never had the opportunity to directly compare it with anything else.

AoA tells me that the Trident is (sort of, I guess) "their" moderator and that it sounds a little quieter than the Huggett Standard (now called the Snipe). AoA is shifting their sales emphasis from the Huggett over to the Trident.

I don't have the Trident anymore, but I do have a Huggett Snipe and must say that the Huggett is really an excellent moderator as I've compared it to my Tatsu and Shogun moderators.

If I were shopping for another moderator, I think I would lean toward the Huggett over the Trident, but have no objective measure to justify that decision.

The Trident is made by Ramus Technologies, not AoA (though they may have the exclusive). 

I examined one while at EBR. Great construction, materials, & sound suppression. The biggest selling point is that the internals are made to destruct if used on a firearm. So they truly are "for airgun use only".

The Trident is made by Ramus Technologies, not AoA (though they may have the exclusive)

I examined one while at EBR. Great construction, materials, & sound suppression. The biggest selling point is that the internals are made to destruct if used on a firearm. So they truly are "for airgun use only".

Correct, AoA is not a manufacturer. Someone at AoA has referred to the Trident sort of as their house brand. Seems the implication was that they may have had something to do with its design, distribution, or something like an exclusive.