Skout Tribute to Skout - Moderator Enhancements works great!

I have one of the earlier Skout Epoch .25 rifles. A couple of weeks ago I had it out and I thought to myself "this rifle certainly isn't moderated to the extent of my other premium rifles" as it had a pretty good "bark" at report in my rather urban shooting situation.

While on vacation last week, I received the notice of the new moderator enhancement kit that the Skout engineers had recently completed. I ordered one immediately. It was at my house when I arrived home from vacation. The surprising thing was that there were no instructions and no video available to fully understand which way they intended the baffles to go and which end they intended the little plastic disc to be inserted into.

So I made a call to Keith at Skout. He was terrifically helpful and very patient. He explained to me that originally the baffles were designed to go deep cone portion to go toward the muzzle and the bottom of the taper to go towards the breech, but that a testing customer put it in opposite and it actually worked better. He also told me that the kit I received didn't have the softer and thicker additional seal washer to seal off the very small holes around the muzzle end of the moderator, so he offered to send me one, which I did receive within only a couple of days - terrific service!

Late last night, I disassembled the moderator and installed the components as instructed by Keith. This morning I tested the rifle on my indoor range and the difference in sound level is incredible. The "bark" is totally gone and the sound of the rifle pales to the sound of the projectile hitting steel only 18 yards distant. This is a huge improvement that I highly recommend to those that have not made this modification.

This is the second time Skout has stepped up to assist me with making my rifle better and better through engineering advancements and great customer service. While I own a vault full of great rifles, the service of any supplier/vendor can't be any better than what I have received from Skout to date.