Tresspassing and trespasser private property advise

Your troubles are shared by countless absentee land owners. Alert your local game warden and sheriff. Document all evidence on your place tracks, gut piles, spent shells, campfires any and everything evidence of trespassing. Document when where and what warden and sheriff you contacted. If and when you feel they could use more motivation. Contact county judges, the mayor, any and all elected officials from city council to your congress and house representatives. Don't leave any of them with the impression your a nice guy or will give up and go away. Make damn sure they don't want to ever be contacted by you again. Your state has a game commission it's their job to see that the Wardens are doing they're job. Raise holly hell with them too. Beyond that your only hope is leasing, or granting access to a trustworthy local to patrol and protect for you. If you will do what I'm telling you the sheriff and warden will be more than eager to resolve the problem and will be willing to help you keep it from happening again. But there's only so much they can do, get them some help someone who can and is willing to help you protect your land. Local feedstores or churches or even a diner would be great places to seek help. Confirm any and all candidates with sheriff and warden they know who can and can't be trusted. Good luck.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
and fish and game?
yes, here in alabama our wardens police properties for trespass hunting.
if you dont have a current dated permission slip on your person, you get a large
fine and any other problems will get your hunting license revoked for 2 years.
i had meth-heads cook'n dope on one of my farm properties with a creek running thru it.
game warden shut that operation down and added to the population of the county jail.
our warden's dont play !!!

Didn't know where to post.. My family has 96 acres of property here in fayete County pa..The property is actually a wonderful wildlife estate or excellent candidate for some white Tail habit management. The problem is a small patch town is in the middle of our property.. They do whatever they want..They have threatened me...harassed me...I got the ON X app and posted all borders with signs purple paint and purple tape...A combination of all three...You can't rip paint off trees.... The neighbor directly besides my 40 acre parcel....shot a 160 inch buck last year... I literally followed the blood trail tape for.that buck going through my field.. Where they trespass the most ATV gas line...I cut 30 ft of trees brush briars....to block access to property..... They came in worked and removed it all......ahhhhhhhh.......the other side of gas line on my property blocked quad trail with T-post purple tape Posted signs....as soon as I left... The trespassers came back with T post puller and stole my post...unblock. Trail.... The trespassers are sad to say grown me 40 and 60 years old of above middle class... I'm disabled just starting to get around...Im not able to financially or physically able to build gates and fences for them to deconstruct when I leave.. I don't now if I can camera trap them......Last year when the 160 inch buck was shot by neighbor... My nephew found corn bait piles on my property... Close.to trespassers house 100 yards... Game commission called...they removed bait piles.. The trespassers uses many cell cams and monitors one way road ...they know when I'm on my way to property..... I gotta stop stop.them or sell property.... Thanks for any advice and letting me vent...this forum has been so good to me and so much appreciated.....
First of all I would shoot all the cameras,...then I would think of something.

I’d take them if they were on my property. Stands and blinds too. Thing is doing so you risk pissing off people who can damage your property.
Exactly right, and it creates a dilemma in dealing with trespassers. If wildlife officers can be encouraged to check them, including verification of landowner permission, that might be an effective option. It's a shame that people are so disrespectful of landowner rights.

With apologies to toddlers...

IMG-Trespasser's Creed.png

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
lol, not wanting a confrontation is a problem .. its my property right? id dam sure figure them out and be there waiting for them, disarm them with crazy eyes popping a few rounds off over their head and ask them if they know the owner of this property.. then if they gave me crap id shoot their atvs up .. then id be like thanks for the guns .. now leave .. but thats me

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
lol, not wanting a confrontation is a problem .. its my property right? id dam sure figure them out and be there waiting for them, disarm them with crazy eyes popping a few rounds off over their head and ask them if they know the owner of this property.. then if they gave me crap id shoot their atvs up .. then id be like thanks for the guns .. now leave .. but thats me
@dizzums The OP says he's currently handicapped. I assume he is unable to do this.

he needs to notify his state game wardens for there help.
county cops cant do DNR services.....
Unfortunately, this happens all across the United States the game commission or DNR needs to get more involved to help you out
You’d be surprised what the local Sheriff in places can do. In my area of Florida there might be 2 FWC officers for two counties. Our county ranch and grove that are trained to handle the same thing has 6 members. More often the county works the cases and FWC assists when they can. I guess Florida might be a little different. There are no special laws that one agency can enforce and another cannot. And when it comes down to it, this is mostly a case of trespassing with a weapon, and that is the wheelhouse of a sheriff office.

I’m just saying, don’t discount them. Seek all options.

Reactions: wolfdog and swNCsw
You’d be surprised what the local Sheriff in places can do. In my area of Florida there might be 2 FWC officers for two counties. Our county ranch and grove that are trained to handle the same thing has 6 members. More often the county works the cases and FWC assists when they can. I guess Florida might be a little different. There are no special laws that one agency can enforce and another cannot. And when it comes down to it, this is mostly a case of trespassing with a weapon, and that is the wheelhouse of a sheriff office.

I’m just saying, don’t discount them. Seek all options.
You would think that would be Nationwide6 but they don’t do too much in Iowa have had to deal with Trespassers or a long time and then they got to riding there snow mobiles right in front of my house right by my porch. Sheriffs office didn’t do much about that either.

I'd have a serious talk with the local constabulary and the neighbor, this is unacceptable and they can go to jail. Good thing they don't live in WV, (and luck it's not my land). I had the same trouble, but the opposite, the guy was putting collars and name tags on the deer, and walking them INTO his house (he forbid any hunting in his "area"). It was pretty crazy. He even called the police and reported shots fired (no shots were fired) and they rolled every law enforcement in our area. It was a mess. They all knew me and after the initial welfare check we all had a good laugh and hung out til they handled the situation. I'm pretty sure he went to jail that night, but didn't ask. The local DNR had warned him, so when this happened, I was told by law enforcement, that I needed to post the property prominently and that in WV you can literally tell someone to leave the property and start shooting. Now, I don't want to kill anyone, but I'd sure scare the crap out of them. He was arrested, and I caught him coming out my driveway one time after, but that never happened again and I'm guessing it won't. So, sometimes, you just have to get downright crappy about it. That was a few years ago, and I have since bought even more land which he has encroached on before, but so far, he's kept off, and it better remain that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I solved it on my property by allowing my neighbor to hunt on my property that is about 100miles from my home. He and his 2 boys are the only ones with permission and they are very protective of my property. They take 2 deer every year and watch my property year round. I have a trailer and some equipment there also and so far have not had any issues. My wife also makes baked goods for them and the neighbors up the road every Christmas and I am really gratefull for great neighbors. I'm also lucky tat all my neibors are okay with me shooting my airguns there(even the loud ones) and even stop by to check them out sometimes. I put in a 40yrd and working on a 100yrd. range. My little bit of heaven!