• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Treating Rusty Gun

Never even heard of an "1800 series". They're normally designated by "Mark" 1 thru 8. Or "S", or "Stutzen", or "Centenary", or "RB2" etc.
What's an 1800 series?
You can rub all day with oil and fine steel wool. The blue won't come off.
If somebody took blue off with oil and steel wool PROVE IT.
IMG_1496-1.jpg

Reactions: Dee_Noy
Never even heard of an "1800 series". They're normally designated by "Mark" 1 thru 8. Or "S", or "Stutzen", or "Centenary", or "RB2" etc.
What's an 1800 series?
You can rub all day with oil and fine steel wool. The blue won't come off.
If somebody took blue off with oil and steel wool PROVE IT.
View attachment 334163
Not sure. Seller said it's 1800 series. This is my first BSA gun.
It shot but not really well.
Anyway I will try to rub with oil first.

Not sure. Seller said it's 1800 series. This is my first BSA gun.
It shot but not really well.
Anyway I will try to rub with oil first.
Common problem with most Airsporters is the buffer washer swells up and gets tight in the cylinder. Same for Mercurys. Probably time for a new O ring and buffer washer. Airsporters and Mercurys are real fun to work on.
When you're finished rubbing with oil without any result get the steel wool out. Good luck with it

Common problem with most Airsporters is the buffer washer swells up and gets tight in the cylinder. Same for Mercurys. Probably time for a new O ring and buffer washer. Airsporters and Mercurys are real fun to work on.
When you're finished rubbing with oil without any result get the steel wool out. Good luck with it
Thanks for your advice. Appreciate so much.
I never had experience with this gun.

You'll have experience when you get the back block off and back on. The buffer washer usually turns to stiff, waxy bubble gum.
Here is an interesting way to support the back block (trigger block). Not the way I do it but looks good. More than one way to skin a cat.
Proper orientation of the "back block cup and lock nut" is important during reassembly.