• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Trash panda down

Last night I was wrapping up the edit of my short house sparrow video and the wife was sitting on the deck the time was about midnight. My phone started ringing but it was my wife. I thought this is either a funny situation or a very serious one. I answer the phone and she says she thinks a coon is in the apple tree. Immediately I am thinking which pcp do I grab. The .22 impact or one of the crowns in .25 and .30.

The impact has a 15-60 vortex golden eagle scope on it. Not the best for 30 yd night shooting. The .25 crown mk2 has a 5-25 venom and the 380mm barrel installed so I grabbed it and a light. We could see the eyes in the tree and it was definitely a masked bandit. I couldnt get a clean shot from branches and head movement so all I could do is keep moving and trying to get a good angle. Finally the coon crawled down to the lowest crotch and jumped down and ran. It looked like I was gonna miss a shot opportunity when the coon stopped turned to face me and stood up looking back. That was just enough time to get a shot off.
8F4C36E7-0EC7-4B88-B678-F54DEB2EB8FC.jpeg
1960A6A6-5A46-46B4-B77D-9AB792703691.jpeg

Last night I was wrapping up the edit of my short house sparrow video and the wife was sitting on the deck the time was about midnight. My phone started ringing but it was my wife. I thought this is either a funny situation or a very serious one. I answer the phone and she says she thinks a coon is in the apple tree. Immediately I am thinking which pcp do I grab. The .22 impact or one of the crowns in .25 and .30.

The impact has a 15-60 vortex golden eagle scope on it. Not the best for 30 yd night shooting. The .25 crown mk2 has a 5-25 venom and the 380mm barrel installed so I grabbed it and a light. We could see the eyes in the tree and it was definitely a masked bandit. I couldnt get a clean shot from branches and head movement so all I could do is keep moving and trying to get a good angle. Finally the coon crawled down to the lowest crotch and jumped down and ran. It looked like I was gonna miss a shot opportunity when the coon stopped turned to face me and stood up looking back. That was just enough time to get a shot off.
View attachment 290651View attachment 290652
Been trying to catch a coon now for a few months. Before I bought my pcp's, I would see a coon just about every night.

• Haha
Reactions: N2 Shooter and LDP
Good shooting. I have a few hanging around the house as well. Have already popped 2, both with the maverick. The .30 fx hybrid slugs leave some big exit holes with vitals shots
My crown 380mm .25 setup I used on this shot is pushing JSB 25 gr. 806 fps at the muzzle. Nice clean kill and no worries about over penetration.

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
I’m wanting to get one of those 380mm crowns at some point, in .25 as well
I wasnt sure if I would like a tuned down .25 but I bought the continuum so I setup the 700mm first. Once I had the 700mm setup and confirmed it was accurate I stuck the 380mm on. The 380mm has stayed on. I have whacked quite a few birds out to 100yds with it and it works great. I have a crown with a .30 and 700mm barrel so I have a setup for high energy and this 380mm crown fills the gap nicely. Its very fun to shoot and its nice and short.