• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Transporting (PCP) air rifle into Canada

I called the chief officer in charge of Firearms for Ontario Customs, she told me no problem she would email me the paperwork, 5 minutes later she called back and said I was better off just staying in the U.S...... I was trying to travel to the USABR Nationals in New York state.......was only going to cross at Port Huron and back across at Niagara Falls....shortcut to New York from Michigan.............long story short I did not enter Canada...............Good Luck!!

If I'm not mistaken, Canada has a 6 FPE limit on unlicensed guns or some such thing. The Brits and most of Europe are 12 FPE, but Canada is 6. Makes it really hard to take anything from the US up there.

Friend moved from UK to Canada and had to sell his daughter's PCP because as a 10 meter gun, it was too powerful for Canada.

How happy I am to be in a gun friendly state.

The Canadian limit is actually 4.2 foot pounds or 500fps at the muzzle if you do not have a PAL (firearms licence). However successfully completing a one or two day firearms safety course and passing the background checks gets you a PAL which entitles you to buy airguns of any calibre or muzzle power. Unfortunately we are not allowed any shrouds with baffles or any form of silencer. Also no airgun bull pups.

As far as I know you have to be a citizen but I could be wrong on that. However what I do know is that those RCMP background checks can be a pain in the arse. You and/or your references are contacted by the cops and interviewed. Also your wife or girlfriend will be interviewed and when they are asked if they consent to your being given a gun licence........and they do ask them.........and they say ,.......no.........your application fails and you will not get a gun licence. Even if you got divorced or broken up with a girlfriend in the last two years....they will contact them and ask if they give permission for you to be licenced.