Transferable factory warranty

Folks, just my two cents... In today's airgun world where most of us have some serious financial investments in our hobby, pay attention which manufacturer/dealer has a transferable factory warranty. Just a few years ago this concept was still alien. You bought a gun for $2000 and after a few months you sell it to someone. That person was then on the hook for repairs out of pocket or at the mercy of the dealer/manufacturer with a gun still worth over $1500. 

The good news is that this has changed recently. Manufacturers and dealers almost all are now providing transferable warranty. This actually increased the value of the airgun in comparison with an identical airgun without the transferable warranty, because any buyer would prefer to buy a $2000 gun with 2yr or 3 yr warranty left vs a $2000 gun with none. That 2 or 3 years of warranty left may be worth several hundreds of dollars in repair, parts, etc. Considering the rapidly expanding complexity of new airguns (i.e. the Impact M3) such valid warranty is almost a must.

I good airgun industry product should come with a meaningful warranty. This is especially true for air compressors, and definitely for high value air compressors. Branded medium and low cost air compressors are still a relatively new niche product with inherently high risks for the buyer. These compressors are in the $400-700 range and they are a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than their almost identical Ebay and Aliexpress direct-purchase "unbranded" cousins. This price difference not only represents the dealer's (understandable) mark up, but also the anticipated costs of warranty related repairs/replacements. For high-end air compressors (in the $1200-$3000 range) such warranty is mandatory IMHO.