• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Training in the HW35E .22 Silver/Walnut

This new rifle is the last instead of me being able to complete a collection of HW98s.

Each collection is 4 whether you go one way or the other:

HW35E is in Silver and Walnut versus Blue and Walnut for either .177 or .22.

That is the simplest way to explain the HW35E FOUR RIFLE collection versus the HW98 FOUR RIFLE collection:

HW98 .177

HW98 .20

HW98 .22

HW98 .25

I have all the HW98s except the .22 and I have all the HW35E's by second choice when I learned the last .22 HW98 was sold after I looked in my favorite air rifle place.

However; keep in mind I HAVE the HW80K .22 Long Range Hunter and THAT exceeds any subservient .22 in my entire inventory in terms of accuracy and power mixed together to make the beast silent and deadly way beyond HW98 performances! (I.e. The hint is to get the "Long Range Hunter HW80K" in either .177 or .22 and you'll never ever regret it.

But if you are on a leisure hunt to finish a category of easy going long lasting accurate true spring air rifles in Walnut you have to start with it and then because they are higher priced you'll expect things from them your HW95 or HW98 or HW80 or anything more powerful gives for "less" price.

This is never the case with the HW35E. Get it in either .177 or .22 and sit back. Relax. Look at all the front sight inserts and choose the one most visible inside the shaded dome and then click V or U or Narrow/Wide rear Patridge Slot.

Then shoot the thing (I mean the HW35E) at 10 yards with open sights offhand to make sure you are grouping there. Then step back to 15 yards and do it again. Then step back to 20 yards and then 25 and as far as your eyes are ABLE and stop THERE recognizing you have reached the limit of the iron sights with your eyes.

Then you think about a scope and how HIGH above the iron sights it SHOULD go. To me the higher above the original iron sights you go with a fine pellet rifle the more likely it is out of zero with yardage or distance.

In the case of the .22 HW5E I have a Blue one with Leupold 3-9X 33mm and it shoots on target at 35 yards.

The new Silver .22 HW35E I have is still getting used to its bead front sight which gave me more courage to use the open sights to 35 yards before thinking about a scope.

I haven't done it today yet, but the weather is good and if not today then tomorrow.

I had forgotten how much time it takes to really sight in a brand new air springer! 

Reactions: fishing43
Ah yes, the addiction is strong in this one. ;^) It's a great feeling to be able to finish a collection or just to get one more of the guns you need to finish it anyway. I know I was pleased when I got the other two Zoraki HP pistols so I had all four. Felt like I had accomplished something but then I found I could only shoot one at a time and so then was very disappointed. ;^)

All this rifle did was make me become more perfect in shooting offhand with iron sights. I have floaters and other things in my shooting eye that make using scopes much better to see with.

But I CAN still shoot with the BEAD front and U notch rear!

It was h*ll to pay to finally unloosen that front sight bolt to get the AWFUL Cog Tooth insert OUT!

I would never use such imprecise front sights EVER.

I need the U notch rear to see clearly what the front BEAD is covering and once that is done I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Patridge sights are for pistols.

Blade front sights are use for rough estimation.

U notch REAR and BEAD FRONT is what my eyes need to see how the rifle is pointing.