• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

trail cam that alerts me of movement ?

I just bought a toguard H85.. works great

but... i want something that will notify me in real time if there is a critter in my back yard. 

the toguard does not do that 

I just bought: Trail Camera Wireless Alarm, 3 Infrared sensors time-Lapse and 0.2s Trigger Speed Wildlife Scouting Camera 16MP/1080P Full HD Night Vision Wildlife Hunting Camera Waterproof IP66.

seems a bit strange it doesnt have a brand name. but it was $58. it has a separate wireless alarm that is suppose to alert when there is movement 

that's all i need - an alert when there is movement. but is would be nice if I could actually see the image/video of what's going on on my phone. 

can someone recommend a trail camera that does that? - that has an app that will in real time alert me to movement and i can see the video

thanks for the help 

I use the Foscam G2 and G4. You need a good Wi-Fi reception in your backyard and you can get false alarms with bugs flying by and spider webs. We also need a 12 volt power supply I use a battery. Be careful to use the rechargeable battery that you don't over discharge it. They're controllers you can get to turn off the battery before it gets to discharged.

If you want something cheap, I use an inexpensive wireless doorbell cam from eBay, sends push notifications, captures video and you can live feed thru your WiFi, you can also manually record. It uses passive infrared (PIR) to detect and implement video/notifications. I rubber band mine to a patio umbrella stansion at the height I need. Also has an infrared night light to see at night.

If you have a strong wifi signal, the Amazon Blink xt2 camera is a great product. I have three of them. They are battery powered and I can confirm that I got one year out of the lithium AA batteries. (They claim 2 years of life but whatever...). The kit does require a base station to be funtional. The phone app is sold and does alert you to motion. No subscription is needed.

You will have to get up from the easy chair and computer to see what is going on but the driveway alarms from Harbor freight work great. One on the driveway to let me know if someone arrives. Thing is it is in the path where deer are traveling to the crabapple tree can get a bit annoying. :) . Second one on bird/squirrel feeder. Got it where birds will not set it off but squirrels will. 

If you want something cheap, I use an inexpensive wireless doorbell cam from eBay, sends push notifications, captures video and you can live feed thru your WiFi, you can also manually record. It uses passive infrared (PIR) to detect and implement video/notifications. I rubber band mine to a patio umbrella stansion at the height I need. Also has an infrared night light to see at night.

Ditto and Thanks again Ranchibi for helping me get technology working for me in my backyard rat shooting. We both use the same camera / alert system.

Here's the first video shot I got with mine. The doorbell camera system sent an alert to my phone and I got up and took the shot, simple and cheap at $30. The unit requires three 18650 rechargeable batteries. The batteries are cheaper to buy off Amazon, with a charger AND LED headlamp than buying the batteries and charger separately.

https://youtu.be/Vz2HboQ-tU8