Torques settings on scope screws for FX

On the underside of the lid to my Wheeler torque wrench I have these values noted, specifically for the no limits, picatinny mounts:
Scope cap rings- 16-18 lbs inch
Picatinny base screws- 28-30 lbs inch
Height adjustment screws- 40-45 lbs inch.
Not saying these are THE torque settings but they have worked for me, and I recently started using the Arken cantilever mounts on a couple of guns and those come labeled with the torque values laser etched onto the base and up by the ring caps and the torque values line up with what I’ve been using on the no limits.

On the underside of the lid to my Wheeler torque wrench I have these values noted, specifically for the no limits, picatinny mounts:
Scope cap rings- 16-18 lbs inch
Picatinny base screws- 28-30 lbs inch
Height adjustment screws- 40-45 lbs inch.
Not saying these are THE torque settings but they have worked for me, and I recently started using the Arken cantilever mounts on a couple of guns and those come labeled with the torque values laser etched onto the base and up by the ring caps and the torque values line up with what I’ve been using on the no limits.
That seems pretty common average safe values. Base i don't concern being over just no slipping but the scope tube caps is more critical cause you can go too much and crush or damage the scopes tube ..

Check your scopes manual cause some give there own safe value on there tubes for rings toque

Reactions: HogKiller
be sure the rings are chamfered at the split or the ring will dig into the scope, you know those marks on the side of the scope where the ring splits bottom half that makes that ugly dig mark on the scope..just chamfer those edges and you want have any ring marks, check all edges that touch the scope on the rings make sure ther is nothing raised on the edges smooth all the surfaces touching the scope

The torque specs listed by scope or ring makers is a maximum, as they want to prevent damage. Scopes on PCP rifles don't need the max. If you have mounted many scopes, you have probably developed a feel for a sufficiently snug attachment without measuring it. If I were working with a .300 Win mag, I'd measure it to the max.
FX does not list a minimum either ie there is no starting point.