• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Top Quality Glass options - IOR Lutaz 3-25x50 ??

I am looking at buying a new scope and I am looking at the IOR Lutaz 3-25x50 as I really like the reticle. I can't see any information about this scope for air gunning but as it parallaxes down to 10m with a wonderful FFP reticle for holdouts for wind etc it looks like a perfect scope? It is heavy but i mainly shoot bench so no problem there.

I was looking at the delta Optical 3-24x56 Titanium but the reticle IMO lets this scope down. The ret is just so fine i really struggle to pick it up and it does not have that good markings for windage holdouts etc.
The Athlon Midas only parallaxes down to 30yds, The viper PST 6-24x50 only parallaxes to 50yds. 

Anyone use this scope or have any thoughts. It is rather pricey but have sold a couple of other scopes and things so have the funds :)

If you have not seen it already, take a look at the 2016/2017 IOR product catalogue: http://www.ior-optik.com/24664429Neu.pdf

I have been waiting on the IOR 2-16x36 since it was presented at ShotShow this year. As all IOR scopes a little on the heavy side, but very compact and parallax from 7 meters, FFP, mil turrets, usable reticle and A LOT of adjustments.

15p49hl.jpg

x0s5qu.jpg

Here it's next to the Lutaz:
9t07qw.jpg

If my budget was $3,300 the IOR wouldn't be my first choice in optics. Their xmas tree reticle isn't that great looking either. There's a number of March scopes I'd consider or if you're willing to splurge a little more than get an S&B 3-20 or 5-20 Ultra Short if you want a compact scope. What distance are you shooting benchrest that you need 10 yds parallax? If you shoot mostly benchrest at known distance you might be better off with a SFP scope. The Midas BTR isn't talked about much but it's a good SFP scope with great glass for its price point. The reticle is excellent in my opinion. It's not as refined as a March but it's a fraction of the cost and would suit your needs well. If you do insist on top tier optics, I would consider a March if you like their reticles. S&B or Vortex AMG would then follow suit for me.

"elmerfudd"If my budget was $3,300 the IOR wouldn't be my first choice in optics. Their xmas tree reticle isn't that great looking either. There's a number of March scopes I'd consider or if you're willing to splurge a little more than get an S&B 3-20 or 5-20 Ultra Short if you want a compact scope. What distance are you shooting benchrest that you need 10 yds parallax? If you shoot mostly benchrest at known distance you might be better off with a SFP scope. The Midas BTR isn't talked about much but it's a good SFP scope with great glass for its price point. The reticle is excellent in my opinion. It's not as refined as a March but it's a fraction of the cost and would suit your needs well. If you do insist on top tier optics, I would consider a March if you like their reticles. S&B or Vortex AMG would then follow suit for me.
Hi good points will also look at the S&b 5-25x56 pmII. Not really all that bothered by weight or length of scope. I have not seen March scopes here in the U.K. A couple of issues with the Lutaz are 35mm tube and reviews say recon is better but not availed at the moment. Anyway will make decision today so will update e thread with what plan is.