• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Top FT and top EFT events around the USA each year.

Because i can't be everywhere -
I would like some members thoughts on the 5 best FT and 5 best EFT events hosted throughout the USA
I would also prefer they be within driving distance of Mobile Al..... (ha ha)
Because I still work for living, i need to plan everything way in advance if i actually want to attend.

Thanks for any info / links... etc..

FT-
Sonoran Desert GP, Phoenix AZ, Rio Salado Range, ...held in February each year
Cajuns, Baton Rouge, LA, ... held in April each year
Oregon GP,held at Wayne Burns property, Ashland Oregon... not sure of the month
Republic of Texas Shoot GP, Arlington Sportsmans Club, held November of each year
Pyramyd Air GP, held in Ohio, not sure of the month.

cant tell ya EFT or XFT stuff, I dont shoot that.........BC

FT-
Sonoran Desert GP, Phoenix AZ, Rio Salado Range, ...held in February each year
Cajuns, Baton Rouge, LA, ... held in April each year
Oregon GP,held at Wayne Burns property, Ashland Oregon... not sure of the month
Republic of Texas Shoot GP, Arlington Sportsmans Club, held November of each year
Pyramyd Air GP, held in Ohio, not sure of the month.

cant tell ya EFT or XFT stuff, I dont shoot that.........BC
SDGP March 1-3

Because i can't be everywhere -
I would like some members thoughts on the 5 best FT and 5 best EFT events hosted throughout the USA
I would also prefer they be within driving distance of Mobile Al..... (ha ha)
Because I still work for living, i need to plan everything way in advance if i actually want to attend.

Thanks for any info / links... etc..
The ultimate...once in a life time...Sorry not every year
WFTC November 13-17, 2024 in Arizona
Still got time to put away the sticks and buckets
go below 12 FPE and shoot WFTF

I think you already got a high power scope, so you are 1/2 way there.
24 hours away from you by car...but if you fly, it's 5 1/2 hours.

Last edited:
NEVADA STATE .. held in Battle Mountain Nevada in about May IIRC.
The most epic wild space FT event in the Country if not the world.
READ up on it and be prepared to be impressed !!!
AMEN!!!
NOTHING like it anywhere..

I think it's gonna be June 7th, 8th, 9th.

I’m seriously taking notes!
From a couple years ago while helping set up ... View from the Target down to the road where you shoot from being @ 40 yards or so 🤪
A typical Off Hand in Nevada ... Yup angled too !!

thumbnai.jpg

7yu.jpg

Reactions: Pea-shooter O.G.
Thank you 😊 but I’m trying to know ahead of time which specific events are the best because of time and money
Understand, but after you narrow that down, the calendar may have all the event information in one place and hopefully all accurate. I found it handy?
Edit: I am interested in the list you come up with, this is a good thread.

Last edited:
Long reply …..sorry

Best GP’s in my estimation due to the terrific courses and challenging conditions. FT Courses that I have personally shot. I traveled a lot in 2018 and 2019 to shoot FT.

Pyramyd Air Cup - usually held end of August in the Columbus, Oh area (Marengo, Oh at the Cardinal Shooting Range) Huge event/place. 100+ FT shooters.

Cajun Spring Classic - Bayou Airgun Club near Baton Rouge, LA. Usually held early April (April 12-14 in 2024) ( Held 2019 AAFTA National Championship)

NOA Burning River FT GP - Chagrin Falls, Ohio near Cleveland. Usually held late September or early October. (Held 2023 AAFTA National Championship)

Carolina Classic FT GP - Tar Heel Air Gun Club Pleasant Hill, NC (Held 2018 National FT Championship) Usually held in the Spring

Crosman FT Gran Prix - Upstate New York near Rochester. Usually held in June.

** Places that I have been to with great courses but that have not yet held a Grand Prix event that I have attended.

Sherwood Forest Airgunners - They have a GP scheduled for June 20-23, 2024 I have shot there several times and it is always fun and challenging.

Airgunning Atlanta - Covington, Georgia Just South East of Atlanta - I have shot there several times and it is always great fun and great people.

Sorry if I missed anyone’s favorite venue. This is from my best recollection. LOL. Whatever that means. Most events I have attended are East of the Mississippi. I hope to expand West of the Mighty Miss if I live long enough.🤣😩

Gary
Venice, FL

Long reply …..sorry

Best GP’s in my estimation due to the terrific courses and challenging conditions. FT Courses that I have personally shot. I traveled a lot in 2018 and 2019 to shoot FT.

Pyramyd Air Cup - usually held end of August in the Columbus, Oh area (Marengo, Oh at the Cardinal Shooting Range) Huge event/place. 100+ FT shooters.

Cajun Spring Classic - Bayou Airgun Club near Baton Rouge, LA. Usually held early April (April 12-14 in 2024) ( Held 2019 AAFTA National Championship)

NOA Burning River FT GP - Chagrin Falls, Ohio near Cleveland. Usually held late September or early October. (Held 2023 AAFTA National Championship)

Carolina Classic FT GP - Tar Heel Air Gun Club Pleasant Hill, NC (Held 2018 National FT Championship) Usually held in the Spring

Crosman FT Gran Prix - Upstate New York near Rochester. Usually held in June.

** Places that I have been to with great courses but that have not yet held a Grand Prix event that I have attended.

Sherwood Forest Airgunners - They have a GP scheduled for June 20-23, 2024 I have shot there several times and it is always fun and challenging.

Airgunning Atlanta - Covington, Georgia Just South East of Atlanta - I have shot there several times and it is always great fun and great people.

Sorry if I missed anyone’s favorite venue. This is from my best recollection. LOL. Whatever that means. Most events I have attended are East of the Mississippi. I hope to expand West of the Mighty Miss if I live long enough.🤣😩

Gary
Venice, FL
Ohhh to Atlanta... that's not all that far away. http://www.airgunningatlanta.com/

The best EFT events currently are in Texas. Ron Robinson aka @AirNGasman puts them on. He posts here about them and its very easy to find info if you look for it.
And just a small rung under Ron's events is the EFT GP event in Ashland, OR (late April/early May 2024), and the EFT GP in Utah mid-August. The good thing about those two events, especially if you travel, is they are combined with other events like 100Y BR, Long Range, and/or Speed type events. I've shot at all of them and can recommend each one. The recent event in Orlando was also a good EFT GP event.

Last edited:
Hey Rudy. All of them would be great to attend, but like you I have to drive as well so some of the ones I would like to go to, especially out west, I just can't because of the time involved. From where you are, these are the ones I would probably look at. Also, don't forget to look at maybe adding the place where the nationals will be held once it's listed this year if there is a GP there before hand. Now, depending on your timing and vacation, maybe you could add one of the longer range ones like Nevada. I would love to go there, so maybe we could team up some time and go together.

Cajun Spring Classic
PHA Classic
Central Carolina
Republic of Texas FT
Pyramid Cup

Now for EFT. I'm just kind of starting to dip my toes into this, but you have the one in Florida already and there could be another one coming as it was such a hit here, there is talks of a EFT club forming now. I know there is one maybe two in Texas, but after that, it's all out west and out of range for me really. Maybe it will catch on closer to us, but I'm sure my wife will shoot me with my own airgun, LOL, if I travel to a third style shooting event. With FT and BR, it's more than enough to keep up with.

Here is a calender for the North East, and Ohio. Mass Rifle typicaly hosts a GP in June, the Mass Bay Challenge. Considering we will be hosting Nationals in October, there will be no GP this year.

Scott, if the Nevada State GP is the weekend before RMAC, I'm going to try for a two week trip to the area.

Here is a calender for the North East, and Ohio. Mass Rifle typicaly hosts a GP in June, the Mass Bay Challenge. Considering we will be hosting Nationals in October, there will be no GP this year.

Scott, if the Nevada State GP is the weekend before RMAC, I'm going to try for a two week trip to the area.

Looks like it is @ June 7-8-9
No clue on RMAC dates ?