Top 5 Best Long Range Options

For long range bench rest shooting can you give me your top 5 guns you would pick. So if you knew you were going to compete in a competition and you wanted to bring your most accurate long range gun which would it be? This would be like for 100yd and over. I'm gonna put down a few. You let me know if I have missed any contenders. No particular order. I'm sure any gun that makes this list with the right shooter and tuning would shoot just as accurate as the other. OR is there one gun that stands out against all the rest?

• RAW HM1000x
  • Daystate Red Wolf Bench Rest
  • FX Pantera 600mm
  • FX Impact 3 600mm
  • FX ??? (Crown, Royal, FX Boss, Maverick) Which out of these is more accurate with everything else being the same?
  • Uragan 2
  • Western Airguns Sidewinder .30
  • AAA Evol
  • Airforce texan or condor

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with any of the mentioned guns. It boil down to the nut behind the trigger and how well one read the wind. I do have the Raw hm1000x .30 and that would be my choice.

20230321_075716.jpg

20230321_075736.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Sidewinder .30 Cal ...... Far away my must accurate rifle (including absolutelly all: AGT, Daystate, FX, Brocock, all).....

Hands down.... !!!

And not only at 100 yards (easy cake)...... at 230 !!!

I may not know if all Sidewinders .30 Cal are equally accurate, but fortunatelly mine is PERFECTLY accurate. And I mean PERFECT, not joking!!!
I have to ask do you work for Western Air guns? Also do you have experience and have you personally compared this to the others you mentioned. This sounds like a very bold claim. Is this vendor fairly new?

I have to ask do you work for Western Air guns? Also do you have experience and have you personally compared this to the others you mentioned. This sounds like a very bold claim. Is this vendor fairly new?
Of course I do not work for any rifle maker nor seller.

I received my Sidewinder a week or so ago.

I have many PCP's bought along years. Before the Sidewinder my favorite ones were the AGT (I have five) and Daystate ( I have seven).

Both AGT (Vulcan 2, Vulcan 3 and Urgan) and Daystate are super accurate and have excellent quality, yes.... But no one can be compared to the Sidewinder. Believe me !!

But no one can be compared to the sidewinder. Believe me. Nope. I don't.

My opinion is not the one of a Bench Rest shooter. I have never been in one of such competitions and probably nor will be.

I am just a hunter. I am certain that many of you are better shooters than myself and I never pretended to be better than anybody than myself.

I have never use a bipod. I do not shot a EBR targets but to the ones that I drafted and print.
I am talking just about MY rifles and MY skills with MY rifles.

I have never own nor shot a Daystate with a computer. I just have three Daystate Renegades with electronic trigger. My Wolverine non HP and my Wolverine HP (both in .25 Cal) are very accurate indeed, yes.... But the Sidewinder is much more accurate. I can say the same about my AGT rifles (all of them).

Nevertheless I share what I have seen. It really doesn't matter anyway what is MY experience with any of my rifles. If it is useful for any of the other members of this Forum, good, but if it is not, I do not foresee to cause damage to anybody either.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToddGeddes63
Of course I do not work for any rifle maker nor seller.

I received my Sidewinder a week or so ago.

I have many PCP's bought along years. Before the Sidewinder my favorite ones were the AGT (I have five) and Daystate ( I have seven).

Both AGT (Vulcan 2, Vulcan 3 and Urgan) and Daystate are super accurate and have excellent quality, yes.... But no one can be compared to the Sidewinder. Believe me !!
I think all the guns we listed are very accurate. Im mostly intrested in accuracy at long range. So in your opinion what makes this more accurate than the others.

Do you think your still in the Honeymoon phase? I would be curious to see if you still feel this way in a month or so. It will wear off in a bit and you will soon be shopping for that next best new riffle. Just joking but I am intrested in understanding why you feel so strongly about this.

You shooting hole in hole at 200yds?? Is its consistancy accross multiple shots?? Are your groups that much tighter?? Id lime to know. Im new to the whole PCP world and just picked up my first gun but its sounds like I should have done more research.

Last edited:
Airforce texan or condor. By far the best platform for long range shooting. They have the power and accuracy out past the 200 yard mark. My Texan with TJ .284 with 100.5 grn cast bullet at 1010fps is very very accurate out to 300 and 400 yards. Texan with Tj .257 with 60grn cast bullet at 1010 fps very very accurate 150 to 275 yards. Katran with 700mm cz unchoked is very very accurate out to 175 yards. Its all about the right tool for the job of long range shooting. Theres not many platforms that have the power to shoot heaving cast bullet or slugs of decent weight to sustain long range which I believe is 160+ yards. Imo and experience minimum grain needed to buck the wind and maintain speed and have decent bc of .125 or better Is going to be 50grn (.22/.25) or greater at over 1000 fps. You can do it with less but i feel for me thats the minimum needed to reach out to " long range" and maintain power/accuracy

Vettebullet,

Sounds like your really dedicated to long range.

I was making u-tube video’s a decade ago, shooting 12 oz pop cans at 500, 550 and 615 yards with a Haley Scandalous with a 1-14 twist, 36 inch TJ barrel and my home cast NOE cast bullets, my Texan 257 will duplicate the Haley’s performance, but at 73, as the world around me is fading out, my Texan collects dust.

RC

I think all the guns we listed are very accurate. Im mostly intrested in accuracy at long range. So in your opinion what makes this more accurate than the others.

Do you think your still in the Honeymoon phase? I would be curious to see if you still feel this way in a month or so. It will wear off in a bit and you will soon be shopping for that next best new riffle. Just joking but I am intrested in understanding why you feel so strongly about this.

You shooting hole in hole at 200yds?? Is its consistancy accross multiple shots?? Are your groups that much tighter?? Id lime to know. Im new to the whole PCP world and just picked up my first gun but its sounds like I should have done more research.
You are right.

I have very few time with the Sidewinder. Along time my opinion based on experience can change (I hope not).

Within my house I can shot up to 100 yards to my targets. Just crossing the street I can shot up to 350. As you may anticipate my house is not in downtown.

I am retired so I shot so frequently with my air rifles at that I know what I can expect to achieve with each one of my rifles, from 50 to 100 yards on paper targets and shooting to stones at 190 and 230 yards.

Maybe for Rick, Shooter 1721, is very common to be able to consistently hit match heads at 100 yards or consistently hit a golf ball at 230 yards. It was not my case, the way I shoot.

Well with the Sidewinder I noticed that I can achieve an accuracy far away better than the one I got with my previous PCP's.

In my first share of comments on the Sidewinder I said that the weakness that I foresaw to achieve perfect accuracy with the Sidewinder was the trigger (a long middle weight first step with out the possibility of predicting the shot), I do not know if the trigger is improving or if I am learning to shoot with that trigger, but the accuracy on paper at 83 yards (where I have my more distant pellet trap right now) is outstanding (for my standards ------ But I do not have anything else to compare with---).

As I do not have a bipod, maybe the Sidewinder with a bipod at the shot jumps like a kangaroo, I may not know.... I am only in a position to talk about my experience.

Last edited:
Roachcreek, I have seen your youtubes videos, some of which inspired me to do builds for long range, Along with Cedric, Doug and few others that were the pioneers of it a decade ago. Ive been into airguns since 2002 and have seen the progression of airgun, more specifically long range airgun shooting. All inspiring and hopefully inspiring to others.