• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tools for the times

1598314106_8854561055f44567ada2bc4.08583049.jpeg

Well I decided to regress (? In a good way) and purchase a springer. I chose the .22, 34p RWS/Diana. It is along side my trusty FX Wildcat and CZ Scorpion to reference size. I bought it for the relative simplicity of a springer and reputation of the 34. My .22 wildcat has been a dream gun. It is silent, deadly accurate out to 70y for squirrel head shots, compact and sturdy (no alterations or repairs, straight out of the box, 4years running). The springer is single shot, long, loud and a bit more limited in range, at least in my hands. 
So why did I buy it? Well, along with my Wildcat I have a tank, compressor and back up hand pump, but I wanted a good .22 and a tin of pellets just it case I couldn’t access AIR. Call it prepping. You wouldn’t know it from the picture, but I love a beautiful wooden gun stock! However, I’d rather have synthetic than an unattractive piece of wood. I will probably carve a new one for this 34 when I get some time. https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/got-a-slab/ There is a security knowing all I need is the gun and a tin of pellets to hunt small game. 
I liken the purchase to my choice to pick up other hand tools like auger drills, hand grinder and simple files. 
Diana will remain stripped down, i.e. open sights. No fancy adornment. I feel a little handicapped with one shot, but I’ll do my best to make it count. I hope my new backup will not be needed, and in the mean time I’ll practice with it and enjoy it, but it’s there if needs be. And, just in case, last resort, I’ll throw rocks. I picked up a slingshot too. 😁

Grats on the springer. I have a 34p I got about 10 years ago from pyramid in a "striker" combo. I really enjoy shooting it. It came with a scope and an moa rail for the scope.

Only problem I have had with it is it fell over once and broke the hood on the front sight. It was gentle as falls go so it was pretty fragile. The sights work fine still so I haven't worried about it, but if it is the same design it is something to be aware of.

1598668180_17801827715f49bd94a54296.78377397.png
As they say, I cut my teeth on them(A part of growing up). I had a daisy that held tons of bb’s 6-10yrs old when my dad was a missionary in India in the 60’s. Crosman pump after that. Maaany years of firearms, then a gamo break barrel that took a lot of squirrels, but sporadic every fifth pellet. Marauder .22, then verminator .25 and then the wildcat .22 that has fulfilled all of my desire! I’m expecting this RWS to be some retro fun. Still kind of disappointed with plastic on the sites, but I guess that’s the price point. Still interested in a pro springer guru laying out the price point for more substantial irons. But bottom line if it shoots well I’ll like it. Haven’t had a chance to play with it much yet. It’s still lake weather😉