Took these gals out

Today our puppy had to go in for neutering and the wait was killing me so I needed a distraction (He is home now and doing wonderful), so I finally got my indoor 10M range set up in my basement. It's chilly down there but 55 degrees is better than the 8 degrees we have outdoors right now. Still need to work on a better bench rest (an old telescope tripod and shooting bag just doesn't cut it for my unsteady old self). But I got the compressor down there and my homemade pellet trap and a couple sweet gals that needed to be sighted in. Oh what fun!

20210208_114540.1612814036.jpg

My Diana Bandit in .22 with a cheap ($24) red dot, and my Crosman 1701p with a off brand 2x6x32 AO rifle scope.

20210208_111739.1612814346.jpg

Top row is sighting in the 1701P again (I had a small scope mishap) Box on the right was the result! Bottom row is testing some pellets in the bandit. Left side is Crosman Piranhas, middle is Ruger superpointed and right was Gamo redfire. Middle row was dialing in the red dot with Crosman Piranhas. Far right was about the best I could do before running out of air. I discovered that the bandit cover over the fill hole is not bi-directional and I tore an o-ring so after some digging around I found the bag of seals Diana included with the Bandit and thankfully it had a couple probe replacement rings. I get 21 shots on the Badit before refill (2900 psi down to 1500) I could most likely squeeze out another 6 or 7 shots if I wanted. Chrony work is in order once the weather cooperates. The 1701P then was used to get a head start for next week's virtual competition. I filled to 2900 and 40 shots later took me down to 1600 so easily anther 10 shots available. I would show the target but it is embarrassing with only score a 256 out of a possible 400. I really need to work on my pistol hold lol.

Pirahnas actually do ok for me (I clean them as they are probably the most filthy pellet ever with so much loose flashing and dust). I have never had luck with any GAMO pellet but these Red Fires are almost decent (at least they are clean and uniform). The Rugers are pretty much plinkers as they just don't have what it takes. I have some better pellets in the way so more test to follow.