Too much reg, or not enough hammer tension or weight?

Ok guys. My gun is the impact mk2 .25 cal. It have a slug power kit kit and 72 cc ppl installed. Front valve is past the 4th line so its fully open. I use the hex key to turn the screw next to the power wheel until the wheel can not turn anymore, so I know I'm max out. Then I back off a turn so the wheel will be able to turn again. Reg is set to 160 bar. I set power wheel to min and turn up after each shot. Shot over the chrony. Once the power wheel is on the 4, it will not increase speed anymore. Meaning, if I turn wheel to 5, will be same speed as 4. Then to max, still same speed as 4. What does this mean? Shouldnt the speed increase on 5 and max setting too? Is reg too high at 160 bar? I see folks setting their reg 170-190 bars, so 160 shouldn't be too high right?

Nothing is wrong. You are maxed out at 4. One spacer from the kit and still using your stock valve spring is all you need to find your plateau speed at 160b. Personally, all you should be using out of that slug kit is one spacer for the hammer spring. Throw the rest in the trash. If you want what you now have on #4 to be on a higher number or Max, back off the tiny screw. You found your plateau speed on #4 the shortcut way. I prefer to set the wheel on max and work my way up with the little screw. That way when your gun is set on max, you will always know that is your plateau speed. And if you decide to bump up the reg, your measurement with the gun on max is the starting point when you want to find your new max.

Reactions: bigHUN and 2L8
The slug power kit came with 2 spacers. I'm using both spacers with the hammer weight that came with the 72 cc pp kit. If need only 1 spacer why they include 2 spacers?Also using the lighter return spring that came with the slug power kit. Max speed i get at 160 bar power wheel on 4 is about 980 fps, with 36gr nsa 600mm barrel. Power wheel on 5 and max will still giving me same result as 4. I wanted max on wheel to be the highest speed, then as I turn down on the power wheel, my speed would go down. So I have min, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, max, setting to use. Not just have min to 4, and 5 and max do nothing. Thanks guys

If you want to leave all that junk in your gun, go right ahead even though you don’t need it especially with a 600mm barrel. But, tune your gun right. I’ll give you another shortcut. Use a digital caliper and measure your hammer spring setting on #4. I hope you know how to do this because if you don’t you definitely shouldn’t be hammering your gun with a slug kit. Anyway, now that you have your measurement, turn your wheel to Max and back off the hammer screw until you get your old #4 measurement. Check that your speed is 980 or close and your done. Now max on your wheel is your max plateau speed and you can tune down all the way to minimum.

If you want to leave all that junk in your gun, go right ahead even though you don’t need it especially with a 600mm barrel. But, tune your gun right. I’ll give you another shortcut. Use a digital caliper and measure your hammer spring setting on #4. I hope you know how to do this because if you don’t you definitely shouldn’t be hammering your gun with a slug kit. Anyway, now that you have your measurement, turn your wheel to Max and back off the hammer screw until you get your old #4 measurement. Check that your speed is 980 or close and your done. Now max on your wheel is your max plateau speed and you can tune down all the way to minimum.
Yea didn't think of using a caliper to measure the distance of the slider bar thing. I watch videos and I see ppl max it out till it doesnt cock or cant turn the hammer wheel. So that was what I did. Guess my hammer tension was too much. Will back off and use a caliper to measure it this time.

Yeah you did an internet tune on your gun. Not sure how much you understand your gun but once you do, you’ll know most of the slug kit is another internet hoax.
I bought the slug kit cause matt dubber and them south Africa guys talking about it needed for slug to get more power. So I bought one. I think it was like $40. Gain like 5fps more over the fx pellet prob that been enlarge with a drimel oval shape. Was expecting to get like 30-50 more fps but nope. You cant believe these YouTube folks. But oh well.