Tominco's IMPACT !

CHRONY NUMBERS! 
I know many of you are waiting so, I knocked some quick strings out late last night. 
AV=Average, ES=Extreme spread, SD=Standard deviation (+)=high (-)=low

.30cal, 50gr, AV=855.6, ES=4.54, SD=1.73!
.30cal, 44gr, AV=887.0, ES=6.5, SD=2.0!

50gr & 44gr Strings
858.2+ 885.5
855.8 884.0-
857.4 887.9
855.5 890.0
853.6- 890.5+
854.6 886.4
853.7 885.9
854.9 887.5
857.0 885.1
854.9 887.3

I tuned mine a little bit hotter than Michaels. This is maxed out both power and level. Factory settings might be a little different. 
Tom

Ezerhoden14 - No biggie man! I refilled between strings to give a fair assessment. ~240bar fill

rockymtbiker - I'm pretty darn sure I could get more out of it if I tried. I think 90 is possible but, I'm not headed in that direction. I want happy pellets gleefully spinning through the air. :) Hopefully someone will eventually post what they think is the best velocity for each caliber, weight, and style. Then, I'll tune to those numbers and have my recipes! Post those on an index card and stuff it in the case. 

Ronin001 - It's a little difficult to answer that. The gauge says around 140 but, those little gauges give up accuracy in order to be so small. So, I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 140, maybe a touch shy. 

Tom,

Even better news; I thought you had tweaked the reg up to 150 bar already. As you can probably guess, I'm more into hunting than punching targets. I've reworked my .22 Condor SS so that it's running 29 gr Eunjins at 980 fps and grouping 1/2" at 70 yds so was fantasizing about those 44.5 gr JSB's going down range at 950 and falling politely into a 1" circle at 100. :)

Again, thanks so much for the time and info; you're the best.

Stephen

Thanks for the videos! It's one of the most non-pretentious and very informative video series I've seen. I had a lot of questions before and during the video but once I waited and kept watching longer all those questions were answered. It was entertaining at the same time, you got the right personality :) One thing I think you should change though: need a more precise weigh scale... That fish weigh-scale just does not cut it when it come to 6 lbs 3 oz vs. 7lbs weight :) You know how picky some of us airgunners! 

Keep up the good work...and looking forward more!

Ronin - That's a good point. I think you might be able to figure out a single point sling somewhere on this rifle. My thought was on the picatinny rail, at the rifle's balance point, underneath the scope. I know this is not ideal at all but, it's a possible solution. The hard thing about the buttstock is that you don't want to interfere with the movement of the probe. I was originally thinking you could slip your sling through one of the three slots but, that would make me nervous that it could block the probe when the time came. 

fe7565 - Yeah, I could but, I don't weigh stuff that often. That's actually the first time I've used that scale since I got it. It was either that or an old bathroom scale. LOL! 

jack.steward - AoA has this listed at 1899. I don't know what model/kit that price is for. Supposedly, this rifle will come in a single caliber or as a full kit deluxe model. I have no real confirmed information on this except for that first sentence. 

Thanks again for the +'s! Much appreciated! :)
-Tom

Howdy Tom,

Another great video; thanks.

You talk about using the cocking lever hinge as a thumb rest on the Impact. Another option for those folks who like the same side thumb position might would be to take advantage of the AR-15 grip interchangeability feature of the Impact. There are a number of aftermarket AR-15 grips which have a pronounced ridge that can be used as thumb rest. In fact I've already purchased an aftermarket grip with an opposite side thumb rest (my shooting preference).

Thanks again.

Stephen

Tom,
As always a great informative video, but I do have 3 points.

1. Cool ricochet sound effect!
2. I don't think I have ever felt like I was being shot at without needing to duck! (cool angle and creative video shooting too!)
3. Overall wonderful job and thanks for sharing!!!
4. Ok, I know I said 3, but I have to mention the SD is incredible for a gun I know you couldn't have "broke" in yet. That is very nice job on FX's part!