Tominco's IMPACT !

First, Thanks to Tominco for taking the time and putting forth the effort to inform and demonstrate to us all on the Impact.

I have based a few of my past purchases Ted's Hold Over's reviews, but I had to pull the trigger after seeing the hype about this one. I can't seem to wait around for Ted's review video and Tominco basically sealed the deal with a few videos, which one was proving a sling could be adapted to this frame.

My question; anyone know if FX has addressed the "common problems" with the FX impact that have been reported on AGN? I put an order in for a .25 cal and will be waiting for a little while the way it sounds. This will be my first personal FX gun and I am hoping FX's service will be as good as some of the competing companies. 

And lastly, thanks to all the AGN members that put the time in for people like me to leech off their knowledge. 

- Mike

My question; anyone know if FX has addressed the "common problems" with the FX impact that have been reported on AGN? I put an order in for a .25 cal and will be waiting for a little while the way it sounds. This will be my first personal FX gun and I am hoping FX's service will be as good as some of the competing companies. 

And lastly, thanks to all the AGN members that put the time in for people like me to leech off their knowledge. 

- Mike
For the record my .25 Impact has worked like a fine jeweled watch to date. It's an engineering marvel and I couldn't be more pleased! Granted, I haven't had it long and the .30 and Arrow barrels have yet to arrive and test, but so far like my Bobcat MK1, it slightly edges out my Daystate in accuracy, but just BARELY. Both FX's have been rock solid without issues right out of the box. I, too, was a bit concerned reading those subset of buyers here who have had issues so I had the dealer AOA keep it a couple of days longer to look it over more thorourghly. They happily did so and to date all is well. No leaks found per AOA's representation or other issues to my knowledge. Nothing appears to be modified, either.

I can't say if the guns like mine arriving this month have been updated, nor did AOA state that they had been. I did order mine in October or November(?) Being about #200 behind other orders, I didn't expect it to arrive till maybe springtime at best. It's the silver and black .25 model and believe someone here stated the all blacks are in higher demand. AOA told me the orders had been about equal up to the point mine had arrived. 

Rock

Danny shoots - Sounds good! Maybe we can meet up at the Caffee Co. range. It's free and one of the best in the state! 

Bornkiller - I have no idea, sorry I can't help. I hope Txboy's link helped you out. 

Aperfectmiss - (nice name, LOL!) I hope you really enjoy your Impact when you get it. I know FX is watching the forums (I think, perhaps, this one more than others) So, I'm sure FX is looking into the "common problems" that have come up in the past. To date, I have had no problems with mine other than what I've caused myself. :)

Sorry I've missed some of your posts! I've been a little vacant lately due to some happenings at home and, of course, the weather. eg... today was a ground blizzard and otherwise beautiful, a few days ago it was -10º at night with a high of around 20º. I hope to get back on the wagon in a few weeks but can't make any promises. Thanks again for enjoying the videos I made. :)

Happy Shooting! :)
Tom

"HW100KT" Ten percent of shooters are left handed, yet, I can't find whether this gun is ambidextrous or not.
Does it work for lefties? From appearances it looks like the magazine protrudes from the stock
which would interfere with a lefties cheek weld. Am I right?
I am left handed and it doesn't bother me a bit. It's easy to here the mag click when it's empty. There is not a rounded part to rest your cheek on but to be quite honest I really don't notice it. Hope this helps. 

Us lefties do have to live in a right hand world. I think it just makes us great problem solvers. I think and don't quote me on this but the original Fx mags slide in the left hand side of the gun. If so this would eliminate the mag problem for you. I know Tominco can answer that for sure. By the looks of it a cheek piece could be made very easily for the right side of the gun. It would just have to be a little shorter. I think this should be something Fx should address. 

Sorry for the delay, I've been away on vacation. I'd like to have an update for all of you but, it's Winter here and that basically means no outdoor shooting for me. 

I can say this about the Impact... After all the tuning and tweaking and screwing around with the regulator, I ended up right back where I started when I got it. If I had it to do all over again, I'd just leave the reg alone and play around with the other settings. I hope to have a .22 barrel for it in this next shipment. Then I can finally get to work with that caliber. :)

Tom

Hey guys!
I just got a little something for my Impact from AoA today...

This is the 3D printed clip they talked about here. It looks super east to install and should work well for those having some trouble. I've always used my fingers with the FX fitting with no problems but, this should certainly make that even easier! 
So, how do YOU get one? Here's the deal...
All new purchase Impacts will have one included. no charge!
If you have an Impact already and are placing an order, just ask for one and they'll toss it in with your items. no charge!
If you have an Impact already, you can call and request one. ~$7 charge for shipping. 

I don't have it installed yet because I want to knock out a quick video for it and wouldn't want to try to uninstall it. On that note...
I've been having multiple issues with my computer and been insanely busy for the past few months. I have a few vids waiting to be edited, finalized, posted. I also have a few video ideas that I hope to make as soon as the weather breaks (it was -3ºF two nights ago!). Stay tuned for a video of the regulator working while shooing. It'll be a real short vid but, should still be pretty interesting to watch. I hope to have it up tonight or tomorrow. 

Happy Shooting!
Tom