Tominco's FX Streamline

Tominco,

Yes, thanks for the excellent review on the Streamline and all the great pictures! I have had my eye on an FX Royal for many years. Your review convinced me to buy my first FX, the Streamline. It is my first FX product and not the last. Keep us updated on how your stock is comming along. Mine has 3 coats so far and it is my first attempt at an oil rubbed finish.

Ross

Great review and updates on the Streamline. Only thing is all of the pictures have this photobucket error.
aafa26a6610d377d8e42f44bc7e76635.jpg

When I go to your photobucket, I was able to find pictures of the Streamline (including one with the Royal and the AA) but when I scroll through them, I get the same message. They must be tracking the URLs that it gets linked from and not only blocks it from being seen here, but on PB as well.

I am a proud owner of a FX Streamline .22 in walnut,I did get the FX moderator system thrown into the deal for free but only one section,bought a extra magazine and also fitted a DonnyFL Tatsu silencer,this combined with the shrouded barrel makes for a very quiet rifle,highly recommend DonnyFL,extremely nice guy to deal with,good advise and knowledge,the silencers are quality and made to a high standard.

Overall the rifle is a big jump in quality,accuracy compared to my first pcp rifle,a Gamo Urban,which is quite a nice rifle,Streamlines trigger took some time for me to get used to,breaks crisp and set at 14oz,all JSB pellets all shoot well,with the 15,89gr giving me the best accuracy, shooting below 40 yards,all pellets work pretty good,shooting out to 75 yards I stick with the JSB 15,89gr.

One thing Ive been thinking about is the power wheel,I always shoot on full,it would be nice to up the power,what I would like to do is shoot the 15,89gr pellet on medium power but upping the power so its close to power level 3,yes power 3 would be to hot for the 15,89gr,but would like the option of shooting the heavier JSB 25gr pellets at 850fps on power 3,so reducing pellet drop over longer distance,I dont have a crono but I`m guessing the heavier 25gr pellets are shooting at 740 fps on power 3.

Hi Tom,

Following some of your posts since I watched your Patch Worm video (that was the kind of soft pull-through bore cleaner I was looking for). A great one !

Just bought my first pcp, a Streamline .22, walnut stock. Wondering if you still own yours or if you sold it.

If you sold it, I'd assume you were not happy with it anymore. Any downside you would have experienced after few months of utilization?

I did have a pretty bad experience with the safety lever the first time I used the rifle. I was trying to move the lever from FIRE to SAFE, as indicated in the FX manual. But it was really stiff. After 2-3 movements, the safety handle spun by about 30°. Or may be it bent. I cannot say because I'm not sure if I can remove the block from the stock without voiding the warranty (I'm waiting for an answer from FX)... The good news is that all these small parts are listed on their exploded views. And therefore I assume that it could be replaced if - worse scenario - the lever is bent.

What the FX generic manual does NOT say is that the safety should NOT be moved to SAFE if the rifle isn't cocked. I didn't know how this safety is working inside the action block until I found a video showing the internal mechanism. My Hammerli 850 AirMag didn't work the same way and let me put the safety even when the gun was not cocked. Hence the confusion...

If I had to remove the block to check what the actual damage is, would I see some resistance when removing the trigger guard screw? Any kind of Loctite there? Any advice/guidance? After I saw few of your vids and read few of your posts, I know you are knowledgeable and I'll trust you 😉

Thanks !

Stephan
BELGIUM (EU)