• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Today’s “air rifle time”

The weather in Indiana dawned wet, cool, dark, and windy - staying that way all day.

With several domestic chores on my plate and Income taxes to file, these items helped the weather conditions be more tolerable.

I finally got about an hour to spend on my airgun hobby so I pulled out the .177 pcps and less powerful (20 to 35 fpe) .22 pcps and put them through the paces on the 15 RX target indoor range. Though it is only 18 yards, it is quite difficult to shoot the course cleanly as out of the 15 targets 3 are only 10mm, and 4 are only 15 mm.

The rifles shot included a .177 BSA R10 SE, a .177 Weihrauch HW100S, a .177 Air Arms S510, a .22 Weihrauch HW100T, a .22 Day State Wolverine B HiLite, a .22 Air Arms S410, a .22 Cricket II long.

The Cricket made it perfectly through the course (twice) without a single miss.

The AAS410, my oldest rifle, is always dead on, super smooth to operate, mouse fart quiet with the Donny FL moderator on it. The magazine is so simple to load. Tuned by Motorhead’s Scott Schneider a few years ago, Scott installed a HUMA regulator. Shooting the 15.89 Hades, it centered every one of the 15 targets with ease. This rifle has accounted for an untold quantity of squirrels, raccoons, groundhogs, crows, chipmunks, etc. With all of my “high end” air rifles, it doesn’t get shot much anymore, but if I need a “go to” gun, I always know I can count on it.

All of the rifles made it through with only a miss or two. A great way to spend time on a crummy weather day.