• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
These were shot about 45min. Ago. @50yds. self explanatory and honest, no excuses just objective analysis. RedWolf .25 34gr. ( 47deg. Wind = 8-11mph )
IMG_3064.jpeg
IMG_3063.jpeg

Last edited:
I had some time this afternoon and decided to shoot a gun I haven’t shot in a while so the RedWolf was the easiest to get out of the safe.

I’m saving my N50 cards for next year so decided for groups instead. Unfortunately if I was shooting this in a N50 competition I probably would have been dead last!

After the first two groups I decided to keep shooting and get a fair representation of what this gun shooting these pellets would do. (This combo isn’t even shooting MOA!)

You will notice each group had at least one flyer, and or two separate groups! This is typical of most of my high power guns no matter what pellets I’m shooting.

When I was shooting powder burners you could tune most of the vertical out with powder charge and bullet seating depth then go to neck tension primer seating depth etc. with pellets other than velocity changes your at the mercy of your barrel and what pellets it likes. with my RedWolf I would have to buy their tuner or a heliboard to make these velocity changes. I believe my money is better spent on my sub 20ftlb guns and accessories.

Overall it’s quite disappointing shooting these higher power pellet guns.

Last edited:
Joe

8-11 mph is substantial wind, especially at 50 yards with pellets. I realize your not shooting for score and it was just groups, but I can’t help thinking that your RW would have much tighter groups on a calm day at 50Y from the bench. It looks like wind was opening up your groups.

My Boss .25 shot both the MK1’s and MK2’s pretty much at MOA ( 1/2” average CTC) and consistently, when I had the .25 barrel liner. Had a RW Safari .25 ( sold it ) and converted it to a .22 HP shooting the 25g MRDs at 970 FPS on medium power setting. But, these results were both achieved in much calmer winds.

All that aside, I do have more enjoyment shooting standard .22 cals at 25, 30 and 40 yards. My Royale, Revere and HW100 are all in the 27-30 FPE range. I shoot all three in the 30Y challenge and occasionally for N50 11 X 17” practice targets.

The only HP .22 I still have is my RAW HM1000x, which consistently shoots MOA or better at 50y with either JTS or JSB 25.39 g

Tom

The wind was consistent and no mirage,I was using flags so I’m pretty confident that those flyers and even most of the horizontal was not the wind, I’m sure I missed a couple of calls, but in my mind these groups are just not acceptable. Right now and even past shooting groups or score I have no confidence in this gun. It’s to bad because the gun is fun to shoot, very smooth and has a quality feel to it. “Just don’t look down range after you pull the trigger”

I trust my 20ftlb guns!, even in this same wind I know if I shoot that far out of the group or out of the 9 ring I missed a wind call.

Last edited:
Ok, understand your wind conditions. Would you consider sending back to AoA Service Repair to have them look at it, and maybe even replace the barrel under warranty if needed? Shane, Ben and/or Steve B could take a look.

You should be getting MOA and sub MOA with your RW at 50Y. I did regularly get these results with mine, so something is up here.

This is my little rant for the day!, I just have had more consistent accuracy and less fuss to shoot the lower powered guns. Maybe I’m just meant to shoot them and avoid my frustration, put my time and energy into something more constructive.
I’ve had many Hp guns and had similar frustration with all of them.
FWIW-me too!

Most definitely could have missed some wind calls, But alot of people including myself automatically assume horizontal is just a missed read? This just happens to consistently with this gun regardless. Yes I have checked for loose or improper tensioning, cant, scope etc. I have put on a Moderator and an air stripper only provided more vertical. It’s ok I'm making piece with it, I refuse to buy any other HP gun unless it’s a Thomas HP! I truly believe they are the only gun that will give you true accuracy at distance equal to the sub 20ftlb target rifle.

Reactions: igolfat8