• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Today I acquired the holy grail (imo) of small bore/small game utility rifles....

I ALMOST bought this rifle like 7 times (in my mind) a couple of weeks ago when it was sitting there in the Classifieds unclaimed. Looks like I missed a great shooter. How many shots per 250bar fill?
at 250 bar right now its 25-30 shots I didnt really pay attention to that, this is my ONE COMPLAINT, however im not really disappointed for its size and weight, I won't be missing many shots with this one thats for sure lol

Reactions: yenniedn
at 250 bar right now its 25-30 shots I didnt really pay attention to that, this is my ONE COMPLAINT, however im not really disappointed for its size and weight, I won't be missing many shots with this one thats for sure lol
That was one of my main concerns about buying it...I have a 0.22 M3 fully dressed and dialed in very well that gets 3-4x as many shots per fill so while the Evol would've likely been lower maintenance overall, I wasn't looking forward to refilling about 2 or 3 mags. Great looking and great shooting rifle though!

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
What I want to do when I get one (and get the cocking arm on the left side).

AAA_Evol_Mini_01.jpg

Yeah can't expect a ton of shots from a 10" barrels and 135cc airtime. That is the trade off. Though I'm not a pinker or shoot paper anymore so has no issue with me. Was designed as a field gun which it excells at. Definitely not for everyone though. But they are missing out 😉 the 15" though tuned to 30fpe gets a boat load of shots with the 250cc tube.

You could alway tune it down via regulator and HS, drop those Hades to 758~765 fps and gain shot count. The beastie should still be as accurate at the ranges you’re looking to deploy it. My Atomic XR is sending CPHPs at approximately 725 fps for a whopping 16.9 FPE. The small pest birds I shoot are overwhelmed by such raw low power. Looking forward to your first “after field action” report.

Another reason AGN is great. A member here traded in their evol after realizing it wasn't for him and AoA didn't want to give him extra for the tools and mag , so I reaped the benefits and got them super discounted and still new.

What a place?!?!? I'm glad I'm single and don't have a wife to answer to at times hahahha ;😜

Screenshot_20230505_194211_Chrome.jpg

Nice score on those maintenance tools. I was going to suggest earlier that the barrel spanner will be an invaluable tool if you want to do any tuning with the Mini.

Having owned a few EVOLs I will say that, IMO, they come tuned a little bit hot OOTB. In other words right at or just past the knee of the hammer spring/reg setting power curve rather than a more efficient -5% of max. This is why some feel they are a bit 'loud' as well - although hard to tame the bark from a 10" barrel.

I've done some tuning on my Mini and gotten some very respectable shot count from it along the way. Originally I had dropped the reg to 1500psi and was shooting 18 gr pellets at around 750 fps. This was netting me around 50+ shots on reg from a 4000psi fill. A week or so back I bumped the reg up to 1800psi and am now shooting 18 gr around 830 fps with a solid 3 mag shot count on reg per fill.

A few tips I've learned along the way:
- The air tube is small and when filling from 2000 to 4000 psi it's gonna heat up quick and then drop to around 3500psi as it cools. You could try slower fills or just wait 10-15 seconds after the fill and then top it off again.
- There is a set screw on the bottom of the receiver which holds the hammer spring nut in place. If you're going to be tuning be sure to remove the lower to loosen that set screw first.
- The air bleed on the bottom of the frame is impossible to open with just a wrench as there is very little space for movement. I've been using a 10mm ratchet to open mine when needed.

She will, this is going to be a pigeon/starling destroyer..... and there are worse theme songs out there ;) !
yes you could be humming "its a small small world" from Disney !!! when my daughter started competing in figure skating @ 7 she was in a comp. that played small world for the kids to skate to , unfortunately there were 32 skaters in that division 32 times we sat and listened , YIKES i still hear it .

• Haha
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Nice score on those maintenance tools. I was going to suggest earlier that the barrel spanner will be an invaluable tool if you want to do any tuning with the Mini.

Having owned a few EVOLs I will say that, IMO, they come tuned a little bit hot OOTB. In other words right at or just past the knee of the hammer spring/reg setting power curve rather than a more efficient -5% of max. This is why some feel they are a bit 'loud' as well - although hard to tame the bark from a 10" barrel.

I've done some tuning on my Mini and gotten some very respectable shot count from it along the way. Originally I had dropped the reg to 1500psi and was shooting 18 gr pellets at around 750 fps. This was netting me around 50+ shots on reg from a 4000psi fill. A week or so back I bumped the reg up to 1800psi and am now shooting 18 gr around 830 fps with a solid 3 mag shot count on reg per fill.

A few tips I've learned along the way:
- The air tube is small and when filling from 2000 to 4000 psi it's gonna heat up quick and then drop to around 3500psi as it cools. You could try slower fills or just wait 10-15 seconds after the fill and then top it off again.
- There is a set screw on the bottom of the receiver which holds the hammer spring nut in place. If you're going to be tuning be sure to remove the lower to loosen that set screw first.
- The air bleed on the bottom of the frame is impossible to open with just a wrench as there is very little space for movement. I've been using a 10mm ratchet to open mine when needed.
I really appreciate all these tips, if I could reduce the speed and get 3 mags out of this rifle and still be around 20 to 25 fpe I'd be pumped

To keep the 5 mag group going from the other day i decided to do 55 shots at 55 yards today , 10 inch barrel lol with winds today too. The high one I pulled.

Very little hold over from 35 to 55, this rifles a true performer, maybe the shooter is too?

Oh and a shot of both my .22 huben and the evol. Was getting the hubenator ready for rat meat blending tonight 🐀

20230506_165905.jpg

20230506_164733.jpg

20230506_164724.jpg

20230506_162726.jpg

Screenshot_20230506_170020_The Weather Channel.jpg

Reactions: L.Leon
I really appreciate all these tips, if I could reduce the speed and get 3 mags out of this rifle and still be around 20 to 25 fpe I'd be pumped
I detuned mine down to around 1950 PSI on the regulator. On a 4000 PSI fill, I was getting 43 shots with JSB 18.13gr at 837 fps average and 28ft.lbs. ES was 12 fps.

20221020_163510.jpg