To those that like to be rude or hate "stupid questions"

Thank you!!!

I asked a beginner question a while ago and one response I got was "Google it." I had assumed two things: 1) I can't be the only beginner with that question. 2) Why would I google it when the best answers come the best users, AGN members! 

Most of my knowledge of this hobby comes from you guys sharing on this forum. So THANK YOU all for sharing your knowledge and assisting us new guys.

P.S. While I have you, could anyone tell me how to stop spending money on new guns before the misses finds out. This is really addictive! Safe so far, but I've seen the eyebrows raised once or twice. 

Thank you!!!

I asked a beginner question a while ago and one response I got was "Google it." I had assumed two things: 1) I can't be the only beginner with that question. 2) Why would I google it when the best answers come the best users, AGN members! 

Most of my knowledge of this hobby comes from you guys sharing on this forum. So THANK YOU all for sharing your knowledge and assisting us new guys.

P.S. While I have you, could anyone tell me how to stop spending money on new guns before the misses finds out. This is really addictive! Safe so far, but I've seen the eyebrows raised once or twice.

Might be helpful to compare her shoes to your airguns. Then again, maybe not.

While I think that the vast majority of responses on this forum are sincerely helpful, you are on point about the effect a snarky comment can have on a beginner. It doesn't cost a dime to treat others with respect. I have learned so much on this forum, thanks to members who were willing to take the time and educate me. The private message (PM) feature is awesome, and allows a more in depth discussion when needed. I just figure that if we take the time to help each other, the few negatives will get drowned out in the crowd. No forum is perfect, but I think this is hands-down the best airgun forum today.

James

Thank you!!!

When I was married, as long as my wife saw me selling something and I mean anything before something new showed up, I was safe. Too many new things showing up without me complaining about selling something got more than raised eyebrows. Back then I was into R/C cars and trucks but I think the same would apply to airguns now.

Yep good answer. 

Willie, I have found some of those Crosman tins to be on super tight as well. The 177s seem to be much more problematic than the 22s. I found that if I take a flat head screw driver and work it in under the lid and then repeat several times moving a little each time it makes it very east to unscrew the lid. The key is to not pry too hard, just work it in and twist just a little. This technique makes it so you don't destroy the tin.

Yeah 

Willie, I have found some of those Crosman tins to be on super tight as well. The 177s seem to be much more problematic than the 22s. I found that if I take a flat head screw driver and work it in under the lid and then repeat several times moving a little each time it makes it very east to unscrew the lid. The key is to not pry too hard, just work it in and twist just a little. This technique makes it so you don't destroy the tin.

Yeah I just thought I was getting old and weak, first tin I spilled all over the floor prying things are tight that's for sure 

What a stupid question Willie. Really! How to open a tin of Crosman pellets? 

I'm only going to show you this once.....with a smart a** look on my face. 

1576518072_13691182995df7c1b80c2d28.34078083_IMG_6695.jpg

Seriously not sure I can help you with the Crosman tins. But, your post made this come to mind. 

Many months ago now a fellow joined the forum, made his first post that was an odd question. There were so many comments that made fun of his question, that he replied back about having some type of disability and that he was not happy about the comments. Very soon after his account was deleted. Not sure of any details. But it appeared to me he closed his account within 24 - 48 hours after joining because he was so disappointed. 

Sounds like someone needs to design a 3D tin opener. Or maybe find those round spring clamps with thumb tabs, the ones used at the end of a Olympic set barbell, to keep the plates from sliding off

Squeeze, set the can in, let go, and your clamp is clamped onto the lid. Quick twist off on the tabs and your lid pops off.

Im almost positive that would work.

I want to thank each and every one of our members for your replies I hope that it will show that we can all... new members and old ask questions and learn. 

That is what this forum is for, It's not here to sell air guns its here for the support and betterment of the Air Gun Nation. It does not matter if you own a Beeman two-barrel that you got from Walmart for $60 (Killed my fair share of bunnies with one of those) or a $3000 two hundred yard extreme bench gun. 

It does not matter if you only believe in plinking cans or taking big game. 

This Forum has a channel for you to learn and contribute and all it asks in return is to pass it on, To remember when you needed some advice someone was able to help, and do what you can to help the next person. 

To have fun and be safe, to do your best to be an ambassador for the sport and hobby by being safe, respectful and ethical. 

The more we pass this on and the more we do to help ensure that this hobby stays safe the less chance someone feels the need to step in and attempt to pass laws and regs to take away or limit our advancement.

We are a few days from Christmas I Hope Old Santa got some goodies for ya 

Have Fun and God Bless 

What a stupid question Willie. Really! How to open a tin of Crosman pellets? 

I'm only going to show you this once.....with a smart a** look on my face.

Seriously not sure I can help you with the Crosman tins. But, your post made this come to mind.

Looks like you bought that tin from Amazon.

Not from Amazon. You can tell easy. That tin looks way too good to have come from Amazon. 

A few months ago on airgun forum I came across the most stupid question I had seen....” why are my cross hairs not a cross but an X?”

However, it was beaten into second place by this .....“why are all scopes mounted above the barrel not below?”

The real question should be,, “is it a good idea to let these two people have a gun?”

Bb

EDIT,

I just found this on free adds

1576677331_11731048115dfa2fd3456ab4.30825299_52EED541-B666-491B-A2BD-609E8D86079E.png

Sounds like someone needs to design a 3D tin opener. Or maybe find those round spring clamps with thumb tabs, the ones used at the end of a Olympic set barbell, to keep the plates from sliding off

Squeeze, set the can in, let go, and your clamp is clamped onto the lid. Quick twist off on the tabs and your lid pops off.

Im almost positive that would work

1576750930_17770071125dfb4f522123c1.77548311_C5643560-B465-4757-8423-F492A0E1CB36.png

A few months ago on airgun forum I came across the most stupid question I had seen....” why are my cross hairs not a cross but an X?”

However, it was beaten into second place by this .....“why are all scopes mounted above the barrel not below?”

The real question should be,, “is it a good idea to let these two people have a gun?”

Bb

EDIT,

I just found this on free adds

1576677331_11731048115dfa2fd3456ab4.30825299_52EED541-B666-491B-A2BD-609E8D86079E.png

Some things just seem beyond discussion.