To the Members of AGN…

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. I joined this site last year and I have learned a good amount of information from several members. There are some good people here whom I am grateful for having encountered. Sometimes I make it a point to give credit to certain members for specific areas that they may have helped in or have special knowledge in. Sometimes I read over my posts and it reads like I’m name dropping, chalk it to habitual citation of sources in writing. Anyhow, I’d like to recognize members who have helped me directly via post replies, PMs, offers, and phone calls, or indirectly by starting or participating in informative threads or posts. Some of you are just flat out entertaining with your candor and wit. 

This is in no particular order: @heavy-impact, @Humdinger, @L-Leon, @qball, @Stoti, @JamesD, @bigragu, @jwrabbit123, @TMH, @Airgun-Hobbyist, @Tominco, @GeneT, @JungleShooter, @biohazardman, @Peskadot671, @zx10wall, @crusher, @Gerry52, @davidsng, @crosman999, @CyberDyneSystems, @Hajimoto, @elh0102, @MonkyShine, @bthurman, @Odoyle, @Max115, @dizzums, @JimNM, @ranchibi, @ancientsword, @airgun-advisor, @Vetmx, @motorhead, and @estarkey7

If I didn’t mention you and we’ve interacted it’s not out of ingratitude. I don’t know all of these guys, but I’m familiar with their posts found them useful at some time. I know I’ve rubbed at least one of you the wrong way at some point, but no hard feelings. I hope those mentioned don’t mind this post. I really appreciate the tolerance and great attitudes displayed while rendering assistance as I pelted some of you with messages and questions (you should know who you are). The aforementioned folks really help make this a great site to learn and interact. If I never get a chance or the notion to create a post like this again, thank you all for helping to keep this site informative, fun, and interesting. 

*Note* No, I’m not sick or dying. Some of you may feel the inclined to message or call after reading this to be sure I’m ok. I can assure you, I’m fine. 

Edit: I don’t know why I can’t get everyone’s handles to link to their profiles. This is annoying. Think I got it now. 

Reactions: TMH
I'm glad to be a part of this community and also appreciate the helpful responses from other members. With that said, I also try to return the favor and pass it on if it's a subject that I'm familiar with. Another thing to mention is leaving accuracy points to show that member that I truly appreciate their responses. The only problem that I come across is if it's a member that frequently gives a lot of useful tips and advice, sometimes I'm not able to give them accuracy points. I guess it's because I have given them so much in the past that the AGN system doesn't allow me to and prompts me to spread more accuracy points around to other members. 

I am in agreeance with you, there are so many, so so many helpful members here its hard to remember them all but there are some that just stand out and theyre the true MVPs of the page, I would go as far as to say if I were to write that list I would have placed you there @Ezana4CE

Dave, you'd be on my list if I was organized enough to have one!

This was a very thoughtful post. I really love this forum and have learned so much here.

Thank you both for that. It honestly is hard to remember them all. After posting I thought of others, but there are just so many. I had difficulty remembering the spelling of some member’s handles and the search feature was acting up or it was just wayyy off in my spelling.

I'm glad to be a part of this community and also appreciate the helpful responses from other members. With that said, I also try to return the favor and pass it on if it's a subject that I'm familiar with. Another thing to mention is leaving accuracy points to show that member that I truly appreciate their responses. The only problem that I come across is if it's a member that frequently gives a lot of useful tips and advice, sometimes I'm not able to give them accuracy points. I guess it's because I have given them so much in the past that the AGN system doesn't allow me to and prompts me to spread more accuracy points around to other members.

Yes! I’ve run into this issue before as well. I think I get it though. It seems to be in place to prevent some people from artificially inflating their accuracy ratings.

Great community of people here willing to share their knowledge! All for free, nothing expected in return.

Trig, you’re one of the ones I forgot to mention. My apologies. I’ve read several of your posts on AGN and elsewhere.

Dave,

I really appreciate your post.

1f506.svg
In a self-centered world with so many me--corporations, crook-politicians, greed-companies, and hate-fansgratitude goes a long way.

And helps us keep going, even if times are difficult.

THANKS!

Matthias

Matthias I can say that the tables/spreadsheets you have compiled have been a tremendous help to me while shopping around for a few products. You’ve helped me save time and money. I appreciate your contribution. In fact if you guys haven’t viewed any of Matthias’ tables I suggest referencing them when you have the inclination to shop around accessories that you may not be so knowledgeable about.

This thread would be long as hell if detailed how these guys have helped me and what I learned from them all. What I can’t stress enough is that we really have an awesome community. Thanks to the moderators, administrators, and developers continuously working to maintain and facilitate an environment conducive to learning more about and sharing our airgun experiences. 

Matthias I can say that the tables/ spreadsheets you have compiled have been a tremendous help to me while shopping around for a few products. You’ve helped me save time and money. I appreciate your contribution.

In fact if you guys haven’t viewed any of Matthias’ tables I suggest referencing them when you have the inclination to shop around accessories that you may not be so knowledgeable about.

Thank you for saying that. I'm glad they were useful to you! 👍🏼

Anybody, hit me up for any of the following: 😄

(1) Scope Specs (w/ 10y parallax): c. 160 scopes

(2) All .22cal Slugs (2020)

(3) All .22cal Pellets: high BC, high quality

(4) All .22cal Hollow Point Pellets

(5) All Silencers (PCP): c. 55 models

(6) Most Adjustable Scope Mounts, 30mm, with specs (2020)

(7) Bullpups: Visual comparison of 39 models (2019)

Matthias 😊

Thanks for the mention Dave! I think the aspect I've come to enjoy the most on AGN is being able to help where I can & be of service. I've always been grateful for the knowledge & extremely helpful hints I've acquired here (plus stuff I've learned on my own) & if I can benefit someone else on the "large airgun learning curve" I try to wherever possible. Made some good pals here too, both long distance & face to face & that's really invaluable.