• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning To the Avenger owners

Ha! What a great day today. I surprised the poop out of my long time friend today by handing him a fully dressed avenger in 25 cal and said merry Christmas. I already went thru the gun and pre sighted it in. His route to work on Tuesdays is at my neck of the woods, so like he does every week, he stops by for a short visit. Well, not this time, lol. 

I had everything laid out, targets out in the front lawn at 40 yards and the Avenger on the bench, atop a Caldwell Stinger rest, tethered to my tank.

When he showed up he asked who the gun belonged to, and I said some guy back east sent it to me to tune up. Then I looked at him and asked if he’d help me sight it in. He owns no pcp guns, and has only shot mine. I know he really enjoys shooting my pcp’s, So, of course he obliged. The only Airgun he’s ever owned is the $75 Beeman springer(not made in Germany!) that comes with both a 177 and 22 caliber barrel. I think at best it’s shooting the 18 grain 22 cal pellets at around 750 FPS. I dialed this Avenger to 845 FPS for close to 45 regulated shots shooting the 28 grain Barracuda Hunter extremes by H&N. I could have gotten him more, but I decided to leave the reg alone at the 150 BAR it came in from the seller, who had it shooting closer in the 900 FPS range. Crazy thing is, he’s an awesome shot with that springer, so I know he’ll do well with this pcp.

My son was set up with the cell phone video taping him, and when he finished off a mag, I shook his hand and wished him merry Xmas as I told him the gun was his. You can only imagine the look on his face. Being as we pranked on each other thru out the years, he naturally thought I was pulling his leg. It took a moment for him to realize I was serious in gifting him the gun. It’s as if I saw a five year old racing out to see the presents under the tree on Christmas Day, that look he had! 

Anyway, what I need from you fellow Avenger owners, is if you happen to know if there’s an o ring list anywhere for this gun. Like the five pcp’s I personally own, first things first and I always find a list or a parts diagram that calls out the o ring sizes so I can put together a kit so if any leaks come about later on, it’ll be easy to fix. Can anyone point or link me to a parts diagram that calls out the sizes? 

Thanks, all!

Here is the best I can do for you

download.png
View attachment Avenger Schematics.1609409644.pdf

Bruce

bigragu is a super good person through and through,great to talk with and has knowledge well above most of the top pro airgun tuners...happy new year bigragu.

Ohio Hunter, I appreciate that atta boy comment, but I must truthfully say that I’m still on the fourth rung of a 10’ ladders rung steps when it comes to tuners ability. There are many greats out there(and I’m not including the Ernest Rowe’s, Newman Buck’s, the MAC1’s on this comment, as to me, those are the professionals), and by greats I’m speaking here of the behind the scenes folks like the Derek Wall’s with the Uragan’s, CHUCK with the Impact platforms(my apprenticeship instructor, lol) and then you have guys that only tune for themselves and are way good at it like Mr JOEKOOL, or KOOLJOE as I’ve called him. All very mechanically inclined folks with a sense of troubleshooting, which for sure is needed when working on these intricate toys.

i already know there are more of these types, as I can tell just by talking with them, that they have the skill set in mechanical ability. Folks like JKING, HUMDINGER, and CENTERCUT comes to mind when I say this.

These guys, along with the pro’s listed in the parentheses, are who I strive and eventually will be equal to on top of the ladder one day! But, I appreciate the kind words.

Now, if I really wanted to pat myself on the back, ha ha, when it comes to sheet metal fabrication/pattern development which is turning a raw, flat sheet of metal to almost anything, well, yeah, I’d blow them away, ha ha! Everyone(I hope) is good at something they’ve done for awhile!

happy new year!

Augie, that is SOOO cool! You've given him a lifelong gift of enjoyment. Wish I could have been there to see it. Since you & I connected here on AGN you've proven yourself over & over to be a generous soul. Happy New Year brother, to you & yours & hope 2021 is free from the physical ailments you endured this year! Good Karma on you Pal. Hope we'll get to do a face to face this year.

Gerry